Over 2,000 guys -

Over 2,000 guys -

This is a discussion on Over 2,000 guys - within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; in the current Iraq situation will not be home this Xmas - they returned in body bags. I have very strong thoughts for not only ...

Thread: Over 2,000 guys -

Assistant Administrator

Over 2,000 guys -

in the current Iraq situation will not be home this Xmas - they returned in body bags.

I have very strong thoughts for not only all the guys out there now - but particularly for the families who will not have their sons or daughters with them this time.

They are I hope proud people but I share their hurt, as I expect do we all. A moment's reflection is a good thing as we count our blessings, and remember all those who fell, over in fact many many years of conflict.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    in the current Iraq situation will not be home this Xmas - they returned in body bags.
    And it's really bad when it happens this time of year. The EOD field is a really close knit group, and I get this email notification Wednesday:

On 19 December 2005 @ 23:30, my team leader SSG Johnnie V. Mason was killed in the line of duty in Al Mahmudiyah, Iraq. We were working on an IED in the median of a road, when a possible secondary IED was found in our safe area. SSG Johnnie Mason responded immediately to the secondary and took immediate actions on the device. He was trying to safe the device when it detonated...killing him instantly from the explosion (at exactly 23:30). He saved at least 4 soldiers that night who were within feet of the device.

The unit was due to rotated back to the states in mid Jan 06. All of CEXC will be attending a memorial service held here at camp victory on Saturday 24 Dec.

Really sad, he had a wife and two kids.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Tue shea! Chris. We American's seem to forget that we are STILL at war sometimes! cause we are here safe and sound (for the most part) trying to run our lives and rasing kid's, the new's, press and support of the war is not like it was at the start as usual. So I second your post! that we should not forget about the one's not coming home for Christmas this year due to either giving their life's for the cause and the one's that are still serving everyday.

Please if you can take the time and as soon as you can help out, a soldier could use our help with everyday thing's we can go up to the store and get when we need or want it. The any soldier website allows us to send care pkg's to the soilders allowing them some thing's that they don't have available to them. here is the link. http://www.anysoldier.com/ My girlfriend and I are taking what we would spend on each other for Christmas this year and putting it towards care pkg's to send over to our troop's in need. Please take the time to check it out.

Ti.
    Last edited by Ti Carry; December 23rd, 2005 at 06:09 PM.

Assistant Administrator
    Ti - thx - indeed wife and I have already tried to do our little bit. I am only too well aware how incredibly homesick and remote feeling the guys must be and any news or small gifts to remind of home mean more than most can imagine.

Rick - R.I.P. Johnnie - that is very sad indeed. Another sacrifice, and one I hope will be not forgotten. Bad enough any time but I think it always hits home so much more this time of year.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Thanks Chris

This needed to be posted as a thread.
    My heart & my thoughts & prayers given to those killed & wounded and their grieving family members who have suffered a terrible loss. Every one of us suffers a loss to some degree because these troops are the best of our best Americans.
    Holidays (for sure) are especially tough.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Rick - R.I.P. Johnnie - that is very sad indeed. Another sacrifice, and one I hope will be not forgotten. Bad enough any time but I think it always hits home so much more this time of year.
    Thanks......

Forgotten is the one thing he won't be. Every Americam military EOD Tech that gives his life in the line of duty is remembered here,

http://www.eodmemorial.org/

It's just there has been quite a few in the last couple years.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sponsored Links