"Code G"

This is a discussion on "Code G" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am a newly licensed CCW. Up until last week I have only carried with a smart carry holster. Since Thursday I have been carrying ...

Thread: "Code G"

"Code G"

I am a newly licensed CCW. Up until last week I have only carried with a smart carry holster. Since Thursday I have been carrying almost non stop with my new TT IWB holster (love it). At times I feel very self conscious that everyone knows I have a gun. I know that it is just me and I will get used to having a gun on my hip ...

Today I am at the produce department of my local Winn Dixie (grocery) store. They broadcast on the loudspeaker. "All departments code G". Immediately my mind starts racing, G=gun. I imagined all the employees running up and tackling me. Then I think "Get it together Chris!!!". I go on about my shopping and of course no one was the wiser.

Still pretty freaky though.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Code G probably means some kid barfed in isle G
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    You don't need to be too self conscious. I open carried for a week everywhere I went on leave once. It took a week for anyone to notice. If people don't notice it open, they surely won't notice concealed.

Remember, these are sheep we are dealing with. The sheep hang their heads and look only at the grass. It's just us sheepdogs that keep a vigilant eye for the wolves and anything unusual. If you do get made, $10 says it's a fellow CCWer making you.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Code G...check out the girl at the front desk...

Code G...George just pulled into the lot...(George being the manager)

Code G...Gerry, Glen, and Grace...time for your breaks...

If someone were calling you on your gun, the police would be walking down the isle towards you...

Stay armed...no one knows...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; October 13th, 2008 at 06:16 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Code 'G'. Classified information certainly available to the public after ninety days. 'G' stands for 'guess'. How much more could you learn in a day's time?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    There are many businesses that use a variety of codes to inform the employees either that something is needed, or something needed to be done. At Walgreens around here, Code 60 means that someone needs to unlock the restrooms for a customer. In my clinic, a "Code 99" means that a Spanish speaking employee is needed to translate. By the way, it won't be long before your nerves carrying will turn into a feeling of being naked without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    There are many businesses that use a variety of codes to inform the employees either that something is needed, or something needed to be done. At Walgreens around here, Code 60 means that someone needs to unlock the restrooms for a customer. In my clinic, a "Code 99" means that a Spanish speaking employee is needed to translate. By the way, it won't be long before your nerves carrying will turn into a feeling of being naked without one.
    Thank you guys, I know I will feel like that, really I already do. I have been carrying a couple months now with my smart carry. My reaction was just a moment of "panic". A couple seconds later I was fine and shopping again.

As a side note...

I told my wife and brother about it. My wife laughed saying I can't even see you have a gun and know you have one. My brother said "What could they do, you are legal right?" They were both right, if they could see that I had a gun (highly unlikely). They could do 1 of two things 1. Ask me to leave 2. Call the cops. either way I would be fine.

Thanks Again!
    Chris

Maybe code "G" meant their in store security just arrived. Now we know what happened to the ever watchful and always prepared "Gecko45".
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Not sure what they meant, but I know our Walmart has a code if a parent says their child is missing.
    CW

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Maybe code "G" meant their in store security just arrived. Now we know what happened to the ever watchful and always prepared "Gecko45".

Hey... the mall ninja is watching :) George Orwell would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by seedoubleyou View Post
    Not sure what they meant, but I know our Walmart has a code if a parent says their child is missing.
    CW
    That be a code "ADAM" after John Walsh's son who was kidnapped and killed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links