Gunstore Arrest

This is a discussion on Gunstore Arrest within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, on Saturday I was at my local handy Gun Shop. I'm in the market for an AR and this guy has great prices. Anyway, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunstore Arrest

Gunstore Arrest

So, on Saturday I was at my local handy Gun Shop. I'm in the market for an AR and this guy has great prices. Anyway, a man and his wife walk in, mid to late 40's and well dressed. The guy starts in how he would like to buy a 12 gauge for home defense. Well, long story short. He picks one, does the paperwork and the employee makes the phone call to the ATF. Well, I'm self absorbed with the AR and all the sudden, the cops are showing up. The guy gets taken down and cuffed and taken away. Seems he has a manslaughter charge from the late 80's. Sure a weird experience. Anyone seen this before?
    God Bless America!!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nope.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I was in a Pawn shop once. There was a patrol car out front when I got there. One officer standing just inside the front door. A few customers inside, nothing going on, at all. Then two more units arrive and as soon as the officers enter, they arrest some guy, apparently with a warrant. It was obvious that the one officer was waiting for backup, but if the guy was going to do anything, I'm sure he'd have done it with just the one cop, not more???

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

WOW. I almost had a case of mistaken identity by the background "checker" on the phone. That's about it.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Well at least they are arresting them now. The first couple of years after they implemented the system, the anti side kept claiming how many people were stopped but arrested no one.

I think Lima had a funny story about that situation a while back
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Wow! What a quick takedown! I've never seen anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    So, on Saturday I was at my local handy Gun Shop. I'm in the market for an AR and this guy has great prices. Anyway, a man and his wife walk in, mid to late 40's and well dressed. The guy starts in how he would like to buy a 12 gauge for home defense. Well, long story short. He picks one, does the paperwork and the employee makes the phone call to the ATF. Well, I'm self absorbed with the AR and all the sudden, the cops are showing up. The guy gets taken down and cuffed and taken away. Seems he has a manslaughter charge from the late 80's. Sure a weird experience. Anyone seen this before?

I think I saw that on an old episode of Hawaii 5-0. :)
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    I think I saw that on an old episode of Hawaii 5-0. :)
    Show your age why don't ya???
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

All my gun shop visits have been boring, except for some real kooks that wander through gun shops...but no arrests.

I've seen both weird 'gun shoppers' and some weird 'gun shop owners' too...I don't go back to the weird places.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I honestly think that from the time the phone was made to the police showing up, was maybe 10 mins. They got there in a hurry thats for sure.
    RetSup99, anyone who frequents a gunstore has seen that kooky guy walk in, its like bugs to the zapper.
    God Bless America!!

Well i guess it could be said that the instant background check did its job in this case
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I was at a store.... and going to get some shotgun shells. About a 16 yr old kid was trying to buy ammo, and they kept telling him they couldn't sell it to him. He kept saying "what do think I'm going to do , go out and shoot a bunch of people".

The next days the news broke.... a 16 yr old kid had entered the school and started shooting everyone he could.

It was the same kid. I contacted authorities and filled them in on the occurrence at the store the night before. He seemed nothing more than a smartass. ..... but one never knows for sure. I know after that, I take little for granted.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    We had an episode within the last couple years where my local gunshop refused a guy and reported him for acting weird. He went to another store, bought a gun, and initiated a courthouse shooting I think?? I'll have to find the link and post it.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links