Funniest thing said to daughter's date...

This is a discussion on Funniest thing said to daughter's date... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My sister was 16 when I went to boot. She took care of it when she told a group of friends "My brother can shoot ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funniest thing said to daughter's date...

My sister was 16 when I went to boot. She took care of it when she told a group of friends "My brother can shoot a man at 500 yds with open sights". She said all the guys were speechless. She never did put up with much crap from boyfriends.

2. Remove Ads

Haha good stories. I told my uncle that I would come over to interview his 15 yr old daughter's dates. ...............................with my guns ofcourse !

Our daughter was telling us about her new BF a few years back.
    (We had not yet met him.)

She stated that he was 6'3".

I responded, "That's fine. Tell him I have several large caliber weapons and that makes him a better target."
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Thankfully my father never felt the need to behave in this manner. Not only would I have been mortified... I would have been embarrased to call him my father and shamed by his lack of faith in ~ME~ to make the right decisions.
    A girl can never have too much jewelry or too much weaponry.

- Princess Meredith NicEssus

Quote Originally Posted by chickdiver View Post
    Thankfully my father never felt the need to behave in this manner. Not only would I have been mortified... I would have been embarrased to call him my father and shamed by his lack of faith in ~ME~ to make the right decisions.
    Welcome back!! Long time no post. I am sure that your father has the greatest faith in you but the guys, ehhh Not so much

you have to remember - your father was one of those boys once, he knows how they think.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    you have to remember - your father was one of those boys once, he knows how they think.
    +1. The whole reason I started this post.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Welcome back!! Long time no post. I am sure that your father has the greatest faith in you but the guys, ehhh Not so much
    Thanks- I had shoulder surgery- typing one handed pretty much sucks.

I'm quite sure my dad was "one of those boys"- he was a scholarship SEC defensive tackle in the early 70's. My point, however, was that he never resorted to (IMHO) silly attempts to intimidate my dates.

My point, however, was that he never resorted to (IMHO) silly attempts to intimidate my dates.
    atleast not that you know of ;)

not every date may need intimidating, and some intimidations are much more subtle than others.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

"Listen carefully, son, and remember that your choices have consequences. What ever happens to my daughter tonight will happen to you tomorrow morning..."

<g>
    Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Thanks- I had shoulder surgery- typing one handed pretty much sucks.

I'm quite sure my dad was "one of those boys"- he was a scholarship SEC defensive tackle in the early 70's. My point, however, was that he never resorted to (IMHO) silly attempts to intimidate my dates.
    Who said anything about them being silly? We are dead pun intended serious.

Just curious for those of you who only dated "that" girl once - why?
    I dunno about the others. As for me, I don't appreciate people making threats on my life without cause. That's what you call making an enemy out of somebody.
    Haven't encountered anything like that, yet. If I did, I'd leave immediately with something along the lines of "good night and go to hell" with a big smile across the face. Well, unless she looked like Ava Gardner or Veronica Lake. I'm still a bit mercenary.
    As for the shooting after you come in late... if I were in full jackass mode (gunshots at night could do that), I'd drive off and call the cops - reporting the hard fact that there was shooting at so-and-so's house. Provides a superb excuse for staying away even longer, and gives Mr. Triggerhappy a hard time.

My daughters boyfriend didn't have his drivers license yet and needed a ride home, so I took him the long way home(dirt roads farm land) with my 1911 sitting on the center console, while pointing out all the areas you could bury a body and it wouldn't be found. He never came back.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo45 View Post
    I dunno about the others. As for me, I don't appreciate people making threats on my life without cause. That's what you call making an enemy out of somebody.
    Haven't encountered anything like that, yet. If I did, I'd leave immediately with something along the lines of "good night and go to hell" with a big smile across the face. Well, unless she looked like Ava Gardner or Veronica Lake. I'm still a bit mercenary.
    As for the shooting after you come in late... if I were in full jackass mode (gunshots at night could do that), I'd drive off and call the cops - reporting the hard fact that there was shooting at so-and-so's house. Provides a superb excuse for staying away even longer, and gives Mr. Triggerhappy a hard time.
    A man with a good head on his shoulders

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo45 View Post

I appreciate what you are saying, but as I father I look at it this way... In most of these stories, there was no direct threat or attempts on anyones life. Sometimes you have to put yourself in the fathers shoes, they are simply testing your grit and the level of interest in their daughter. If your intentions are honorable, the story telling and chest thumping wont bother you. If you care about their daughter, you would understand where dear ol Dad is coming from and perhaps soon enough you will feel as strongly about protecting the lady as he does. If you as my daughters date couldn't figure that out and went off in a huff, mission accomplished.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links