Funniest thing said to daughter's date...

This is a discussion on Funniest thing said to daughter's date... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last June, I told my daughters date that I had two hobbies, pistol shooting and digging deep holes in the woods.....my daughter said that he ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funniest thing said to daughter's date...

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

Funniest thing said to daughter's date...

Last June, I told my daughters date that I had two hobbies, pistol shooting and digging deep holes in the woods.....my daughter said that he was a complete gentleman the whole evening.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Great words from a proud father......if it works, it works.
    Congrats on the originality.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

<----- Sitting here taking notes, keep the advice coming guys!! Probably another year or two out from working on our first kid but have already dreaded/thought about these type of situations :)

When in HS I had a father tell me. "I killed men in Vietnam, and never knew their names, so don't tell me yours, it'll make it easier later on" I never dated her again.
    God Bless America!!

A friend of mine is a really big guy and a Harley rider with long hair, beard, and numerous tattoos (your typical hard core biker). When he meets his 16 y.o. daughter's dates he is really nice to them and takes them off to side where he has a private conversation with them. He tells them in a very quit but menacing voice that whatever the dates do to his daughter, he and all of his biker friends will do to him. So far, all of her dates have been perfect gentlemen and treat him and his daughter with the utmost respect.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Five years ago, my 16yr old daughter found herself a 19yr old boyfriend. He was a very handsome young man. She was considerably overweight, and was overwhelmed by his attention.

I had a chat with this young man. I never raised my voice. I told him that I loved my little girl and didn't want to see her get hurt either physically or emotionally. I told him that if he was SERIOUS about her, that was fine, but they needed to take things slowly. I told him that if he was just looking for a quick good time, there were plenty of girls out there who were perfectly willing, and whose parents didn't care - but my daughter and I did not fall into those categories.

I told him, "If you hurt my daughter.....I.....will......kill......you." I then told him a little war story to emphasize the point, and swore him to secrecy regarding ever telling my daughter that story. He could tell her about the rest of my talk, but not that story.

They just celebrated their first wedding anniversary.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    I told him, "If you hurt my daughter.....I.....will......kill......you." I then told him a little war story to emphasize the point, and swore him to secrecy regarding ever telling my daughter that story. He could tell her about the rest of my talk, but not that story.
    You can tell us the story. We promise we won't tell your daughter.

They just celebrated their first wedding anniversary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Last June, I told my daughters date that I had two hobbies, pistol shooting and digging deep holes in the woods.....my daughter said that he was a complete gentleman the whole evening.....
    I hope you fill the holes in after your done!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

my niece is 14 and now has a 16 year old BF.Her mother lives with her and her father is absent . well this one she is head over heels for. So far a nice kid but i had a little talk with him . I told the nice young man that when he is in her presence if his organ comes out of his pants other then going to the bathroom he would learn to pea sitting down.
    I wonder how long he'll stick around

I was once told by a father never to bring his daughter home late, not even by one minute. A few dates in i brought her home late by no more than a minute, and hear "gunshots" when i pull up the drive. As i walked his daughter to the door, he answers it, saying "next time... they won't be blanks." Needless to say, i was never later than 15 minutes early with another date again.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

VIP Member
    My Daughter had a Friend over. He saw the safe and said what's in there. She said Gun's as I walked into the room and smiled at Him. The kid went pale. He was nice and polite.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    My Daughter had a Friend over. He saw the safe and said what's in there. She said Gun's as I walked into the room and smiled at Him. The kid went pale. He was nice and polite.
    You should have told him it was empty... that would have scared me more on a number of different levels.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    SIXTO. You should have told him it was empty.

Sixto. Maybe I will use that one the next time and wait for the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    When in HS I had a father tell me. "I killed men in Vietnam, and never knew their names, so don't tell me yours, it'll make it easier later on" I never dated her again.
    LOL! I like that one! Priceless.

WHEW! I never had to deal with that..but could have, just like you guys if'n I had too.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links