Colin Farrell is a little gun-shy

This is a discussion on Colin Farrell is a little gun-shy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Colin Farrell is a little gun-shy Updated Friday, October 17th 2008, 8:32 AM Corkery/News Colin Farrell and Lake Bell Colin Farrell is admitting that he ...

Thread: Colin Farrell is a little gun-shy

Updated Friday, October 17th 2008, 8:32 AM

Corkery/News

Colin Farrell and Lake Bell
    Colin Farrell is admitting that he lacks gun control - and that may explain why the Irish actor has a love/hate relationship with revolvers.

"I don't like guns much, and the reason I don't like them is because I do like them," Farrell told us at the NYC premiere of his latest, "Pride and Glory." "If you put one in my hand, I feel incredibly omnipotent. And I hate that truth."

So what's the biggest gun he's ever held? "Oh, come now - rumors will start!" joked Farrell, who plays a dirty NYPD cop in the thriller. "A .50-caliber rifle. We shot a deck of playing cards, with a very delicate scope, lined up 400 yards away when we were practicing for 'S.W.A.T.'"

Meanwhile, writer/director Gavin O'Connor told us that despite coming from a family of NYPD's finest, he's had a few skirmishes with the law. "I've had run-ins with the cops," he said. "They were youthful indiscretions where my old man showed up at the precinct and bailed me out. There was a stern lecture on the way home."

And Lake Bell, who plays Farrell's wife in the flick (and once dated the actor), told us: "I would be a crap NYPD cop. I'd get on the scene and ask if we could all talk and work things out. I'd also have a karaoke machine in my car instead of a shotgun. I'd sing Mariah Carey. Make songs, not war."

Can somebody please translate this Double Speak for me?

VIP Member
    translation= they don't have a clew and like most of the Hollywood set, wouldn't are smart enough to figure it out if it is drawn out for them with pictures!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Come on they are actor's.

Well, one's an actress.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Guns are evil and make people feel they are unstoppable, and we make love not violence. But they can't say it outright because they want everyone to buy a few tickets. They are in business and at a marketing event. Like the the guy in a video making a rant he made he observation that you see these pacifist actors on the front of the DVD case holding a gun while he is making a 007 pose.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Sponsored Links