Please place all coins,metal objects and pipe bombs in tray

This is a discussion on Please place all coins,metal objects and pipe bombs in tray within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nevada man Steven Nobles arrested for carrying a suspected pipebomb onto a plane BY JOHN MARZULLI DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER Thursday, October 16th 2008, 3:45 ...

Thread: Please place all coins,metal objects and pipe bombs in tray

Please place all coins,metal objects and pipe bombs in tray

Nevada man Steven Nobles arrested for carrying a suspected pipebomb onto a plane
    BY JOHN MARZULLI
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 3:45 PM

A suspected pipebomb was found in the carry-on bag of a Nevada man Thursday as he tried to board a Southwest jet at McArthur Airport in Long Island.

FBI agents arrested Steven Nobles, 20, who was bound for Las Vegas.

Nichols told authorities he was staying with an uncle in Selden and "forgot" the explosive device was in his luggage, a law enforcement source told the Daily News.

The pipe was discovered at a checkpoint by a transportation security officer around 7:45 a.m., the Transportation Security Administration said. It appeared to contain M-80 type fireworks.

The Suffolk County police bomb squad removed the device from the checkpoint area as well as Nobles' checked bags which were on Southwest flight 384.

Nobles is to appear before a judge this afternoon at U.S. District Court in Central Islip.

How many people have forgotten their pipe bomb in the carry-on?

2. Remove Ads

I hate it whenever I do that!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I was in the line about to go through the detector when I realized I forgot to remove my Benchmade auto. That's not quite as bad as a pipe bomb though.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

OK, nothing in your shoes... you can go through now!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

OK, nothing in your shoes... you can go through now!
    When I got on a flight last month they were really interested in my new shoes,and the metal detector was so sensitive it picked up the rivets on my blue jeans,Good thing as I was getting out of my rides vehicle I remembered my 45,had to reenter vehicle and disarm so nobody would see the gun.I wonder if the cops ever searched my house what they would claim I posessed or possible intentions were.I have over 20 pounds of smokeless powder thousands of primers and have pieces of pipe from various plumbing projects.I'm sure they would claim I had a bomb factory in my house.It is against the law to make or posess an explosive device.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A friend accidently left a old fashion 22 in old an old softsided suitcase from an old hunting trip, he ran out of room in the new suitcase so he threw some stuff into the old bag. Goes to JFK and sends the suitcase thru X-ray. Next thing he is surrounded by Port Authority Police and has on cuffs.

What the heck are you guys doing, and you nuts?

Us nuts? Your the one trying to bring a weapon aboard an aircraft

What are you talking about?

The gun

What gun?

This gun. So he gets arrested. Gets a trip down to Central Booking. Misses a day of vacation. Wife gets mad at him. Hires an attorney. Attorney argues that the gun is so old that if could not fire. Case gets dismissed. I can understand somebody owning so many guns that they forget about a old 22. but how many pipe bombs do you have to own before you start forgetting about them?

If you gonna' carry pipe bombs, be sure to use the correct IWB holster(s), then you won't forget about them at the airport...that's really an embarrassment...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you gonna' carry pipe bombs, be sure to use the correct IWB holster(s), then you won't forget about them at the airport...that's really an embarrassment...
    I think one should use a smartcarry..

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    "Nichols told authorities he was staying with an uncle in Selden and "forgot" the explosive device was in his luggage, a law enforcement source told the Daily News".

Umm ... arent pipe bombs illegal anywhere? Sheesh, what gene pool is this guy from?

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

SO the Uncle gets a visit from the gubberment too
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Sheesh, what gene pool is this guy from?
    Shallow End of the gene pool.

He's not in a pool, he is in a puddle.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links