Phony UPS drivers,Texas

This is a discussion on Phony UPS drivers,Texas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nobody comes in my house i do not know.... They may try but highly unlikely they will not make it Unless its Scotts Girl...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phony UPS drivers,Texas

Nobody comes in my house i do not know.... They may try but highly unlikely they will not make it Unless its Scotts Girl

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    And people think I'm strange because I always answer a door with a gun in my hand.

I guess being a UPS delivery man in Texas just became the most dangerous job in America.

Lesson learned, I hope anyway...
    "Brains before Bullets"

My wife and I call the UPS driver her "brown boyfriend" beause she is always getting shipments from the man in the brown truck. However he always rings the doorbell and leaves the package by the front door and quickly scampers back to his truck. Because on the other side of the front door is my german shepard.... They haven't met yet, and I dont think mr. ups man wants to meet him anyway.
    CW

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by seedoubleyou View Post
    My wife and I call the UPS driver her "brown boyfriend" beause she is always getting shipments from the man in the brown truck. However he always rings the doorbell and leaves the package by the front door and quickly scampers back to his truck. Because on the other side of the front door is my german shepard.... They haven't met yet, and I dont think mr. ups man wants to meet him anyway.
    CW
    Thats funny, my young son calls our driver the "brown man". He typically does the same because I also had a german shepard who didnt like the brown man much.

One day, my boy was outside playing when the brown man arrived. He calls out to the brown man like he is his best friend,
    "brown man, Hey brown man! My dad has been waiting for you" I was, he had my SRT trigger parts only this time I felt like I had to explain to a black man why my son calls him the brown man... luckily he is a good guy and thought it was funny. A year later, the UPS guy and my son are still buddies, exchanging waves and hello's everytime he drops off a brown box of delight on the porch.

I also set the brown man up for carry, he figured out my status from the delivery's he makes to my house. He may or may not carry on his route now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

UPS around Christmas time hires a lot of part time extras for the heavier than normal delivery load .

I have seen them delivering in non-uniform clothing especially the last two weeks of the holiday season.

I check out ALL doorbell rings with a look out the entrance side windows and
    if it is someone I do not know my pistol is in my hand before the door is unlocked, DAY OR NIGHT...

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    I check out ALL doorbell rings with a look out the entrance side windows and
    if it is someone I do not know my pistol is in my hand before the door is unlocked, DAY OR NIGHT...

bosco
    +1, nobody ever stopped themselves from committing a crime just because it was light out
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links