Went to the gun show today, sigh.....

This is a discussion on Went to the gun show today, sigh..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went today, looking to by an AK47. Usually, the show has a great selection. But today, only a few were there, and were overpriced. ...

Thread: Went to the gun show today, sigh.....

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Went to the gun show today, sigh.....

I went today, looking to by an AK47. Usually, the show has a great selection. But today, only a few were there, and were overpriced. So I bought a few trinkets, but no gun. Sheesh! I'll either get one from a local shop, or buy one online and have a local FFL transfer it to me. I definitely want to get the guns that I want soon, in case Obama gets in.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Public gun shows have been nothing but gun shows. Vendors are selling everything from vacations to junk food so I stopped going years ago.

I'm not suprised at the AK shortage, its getting a little late in the game.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I quit going to gun shows a couple of years ago, too! First of all, from here...most are quite a drive. I don't like being treated like an armed criminal at the doors..."Your papers, please?"..."Here, take this tie!"
    The pickin's are slim and the prices are not good.
    I'd rather travel the pawn shops...

Stay armed...save your gas money...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    "The pickin's are slim and the prices are not good."

Too true. There is still a chance to find a good buy from a private citizen but that is rare these days too.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

This is why when I'm not at the pawn shops or my local Gun Shops, i browse GunBroker, if you give it enough time you can find some killer deals
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    This is why when I'm not at the pawn shops or my local Gun Shops, i browse GunBroker, if you give it enough time you can find some killer deals
    +1 I think Gunbroker is the very best source for good deals on guns. When I go to gunshows these days it's to look at stuff and to buy things that I can't get elsewhere without paying shipping. I buy mags, 1911 parts, sometimes ammo at good prices. That said I have bought some guns at gun shows in the past year, but they really weren't great deals. I paid what the guns were worth. No more, no less.

I have only seen a few guns at gun shows that were not over priced in the past few years.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I'm not surprised at the AK shortage, its getting a little late in the game.
    I totally agree. On other things besides the AK's. It won't be getting any easier or cheaper.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I also want to get a SOCOM II by Springfield Armory. I just want the AK because of their reliability. It would just be a SHTF gun.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I also want to get a SOCOM II by Springfield Armory. I just want the AK because of their reliability. It would just be a SHTF gun.
    Good news is, with the job market getting tight there are plenty of people that need quick cash. You'll be able to find both at a good price if you wait long enough. In fact, I know where there is a socom for sale right now... I don't remember the exact price, but I know it was very reasonable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links