Pardon my Vent

This is a discussion on Pardon my Vent within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gripe 1 I work for the biggest printing company in the world unfortunately instead of working boatloads of overtime as normal, due to the economy ...

Thread: Pardon my Vent

Pardon my Vent

Gripe 1

I work for the biggest printing company in the world unfortunately instead of working boatloads of overtime as normal, due to the economy and customers holding their orders, I have been laid off for damn near a month for Lack of work. Apparently we have tons of jobs and the plate racks are full but we can't print anything until the customer says go.

Gripe 2

Due to gripe 1 we are starting to get later on our bills waiting for unemployment checks to come in.

Gripe 3

My wifes parents were always over protective and wouldn't let her get a drivers license. While we were dating she was going to school for her AA in Medical Office Administration. When we got married she lost her financial aid as I made too much. But until recently I only made enough to pay the bills with a little pocket change left over. This year was going awesome so I used the OT to get her a used car and get her a license. Now she wants to get a job to help out and get out of the house but alas no luck. She is 32 with no work history, and the unemployment rate is so high here are tons of more qualified people than her out there.

Plus side is she does have an interview tomorrow. At of all places NCO a collection agency.

Gripe 4

I have had to sell off most of my guns except for a couple heirlooms and my carry gun.

Gripe 5

I cant even get any good stress relief as I have shot away all but my carry ammo.

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry to hear that.

I wish I could offer some helpful advice.

I hope the customers will decide soon to have their orders filled.

Administrator
    Interesting that I was talking to our local printer a couple of months ago since we get our brochures printed by him.
    We have them done on heavy antique marbleized stock and the actual text and graphics are "thermo-graphed" (I Think?)
    The printing is raised up...they look super nice.
    They are expensive to have printed but, I think the unique look makes them really worth it.

Anyway back to my point...he said that a lot of his business has fallen off because so many people are using home printers to print their work rather than sending it out to have it done professionally.

Hang in there chipperi. I'm in the same boat. God Bless .
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Sorry to hear about the tentative downside in your experiences.
    You need to focus on the possibilities, your wife's job intreview, having a good marriage, having your health, and the fact that you didn't have to sell ALL your guns.
    I've lost some positions, only to eventually find something better. Something better is waiting in the 'wings'...you just have to find it.

Stay armed...focus on the possibilities...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Interesting that I was talking to our local printer a couple of months ago since we get our brochures printed by him.
    We have them done on heavy antique marbleized stock and the actual text and graphics are "thermo-graphed" (I Think?)
    The printing is raised up...they look super nice.
    They are expensive to have printed but, I think the unique look makes them really worth it.
    I work for RR Donnelley our particular plant does all sheetfed lithographic work. Mostly educational material like textbooks, kids books, flash cards, and some commercial work.

I have no advice for your situation. How ever, my household is struggling as well. We are considering bankruptcy for the business that I started 6 years ago. My entire savings went into it. I believe there are many people just trying to keep it all together. Only time will tell.

Hang in there. This may be a sign for you to go in to the printing business of your very own.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    I have no advice for your situation. How ever, my household is struggling as well. We are considering bankruptcy for the business that I started 6 years ago. My entire savings went into it. I believe there are many people just trying to keep it all together. Only time will tell.
    What type of business?

Guys you have really put things into perspective for me. Thank you for that. I hate to see folks struggling. Just remember tough times don't last, tough people do. I believe better times will come around, just going to take a little time. You folks will be in my thoughts and prayers.

""Just remember tough times don't last, tough people do.""

+1

bosco

Sorry to hear that, but your definitly not alone on your situation.. things are tough and there going to get alot worse.. in my position Im not shootiin my practice ammo because if I cant afford to buy more and SHTF its going to be my defensive/ survival ammo

My dad works for a company that makes sheet metal parts for Ford. He has been laid off quite a bit recently also. Its really rough to deal with. I still live at home with my parents as I am a full time student. I have offered to give them money but they tell me that they are "okay, money is just tight".

In my city (Louisville) there are 2 Ford plants, so many families are experiencing financial burdens right now. We all just need to hang in there and do what we can to provide.

This is a time that I am glad I have some emergency money, just in case I ever need it.

Best of luck to the OP!

Links