Revenge

Revenge

This is a discussion on Revenge within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DEAR ABBY: A few weeks ago, I returned home after mowing the lawn at my mother's place and parked my truck behind my house. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge

Revenge

DEAR ABBY: A few weeks ago, I returned home after mowing the lawn at my mother's place and parked my truck behind my house. I left the lawnmower and a 5-gallon can of gas in the bed of my truck and went into the house for a drink of water. When I returned, the gas can was missing.

I bought another can, filled it with gas and added 2 pounds of sugar. Again, I parked my truck in the same spot with the gas can visible. An hour later, it too had disappeared.

A short while later, I noticed a neighbor's son and his friends pushing his car up the street. They said they had "engine problems." My wife thinks what I did was wrong and that I should offer to pay for this lad's engine repairs. What do you think?
    I'm thinking that'll teach them a lesson,I woulda said something like are you sure you didn't get some bad gas somewhere
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think you did good. Maybe you can offer them some spark plugs with the tips broken off to aid in their engine rebuild.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Dear Lawnmower Man,

I think your neighbor-kids got off with a much 'sweeter' deal than they should have.
    As for your wife, just tell her to take up writing poetry, take long walk on a beach somewhere, or just go poke dead things with a stick. The neighbor-kids car would be a great 'dead thing' to poke at first.
    That's just me.

The Abb-str'
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Dear Lawnmower Man,

I think your neighbor-kids got off with a much 'sweeter' deal than they should have.
    As for your wife, just tell her to take up writing poetry, take long walk on a beach somewhere, or just go poke dead things with a stick. The neighbor-kids car would be a great 'dead thing' to poke at first.
    That's just me.

The Abb-str'

Those guys definitely got off easy, and deserved all the trouble they will be going through.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

BAC
    Awesome.

-B

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I would have done the same
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

What a cool way to teach a lesson.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

If the second hadn't gotten stolen, dumb me would have forgot and ruined my own mower.
    Ingenious idea, I'm sure the kid's won't forget it. Of course, they probably won't figure it out...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I heard about this incident from another source. I use 1 gallon cans for my mixed gas (2 cycle engine oil), if someone were to use that for a fill up they would be smoking out the mosquitos. What if it contained diesel?, there are lots of potential problems with stealing and using unknown liquid in your car.

We analyze bad gas in our lab, sugar will clog the filter but will not ruin an engine.

It is a good lesson but they could have also caught the thief with a hidden camera.

Pretty creative! I like!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I think I'd keep my mouth shut tight.

I am not too sure I would have shared it with the wife (or us), for that matter.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I don't tell my wife about that kind of stuff any more...but I really like the way you think.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good approach to solving a problem. AFterall.. the stole it and put it in their car.

wonder how a can full of bleach wouldve done......

VIP Member
    A couple of gallons of avgas would have fixed him up too. It will run like a bat out of you know where.....until it burns the valve out. Seen it happen a few times when I was a young troop in the AF.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links