A Case of Spreading The Money Around/Attack on McCain campaign volunteer

This is a discussion on A Case of Spreading The Money Around/Attack on McCain campaign volunteer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face
    Woman Robbed, Attacked With Knife At Bloomfield ATM

POSTED: 4:03 pm EDT October 23, 2008

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.
    Maybe this will wake people up to the importance of concealed carry. PA is an important state for the election.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Yeah, and we are the angry bitter ones. It's getting ugly, stay armed.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

stay alert and stay armed is all I can say.....I see things getting worse in this nation no matter who wins that election...crime is getting out of control...people are just sick and twisted.....i could talk for hours about that.....i shake my head in disgust.....all I know to do is to put my faith in the Lord...and stay armed.

If this scumbag would of picked on one of those "cling to your guns and religion" people this could of had a great outcome.

I don't believe in 'spread the wealth'...I think 'spread the lead' serves a better purpose...

Sooner later we'll get most citizens armed...one robbery at a time...

Stay armed...thin the dirtbag rolls...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I saw the photo and I must say, I am skeptical.

The B is backwards, as if done in a mirror...

Here it is:

Sorry to be a sourpuss.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    It would also have that shape if the perp was standing above her.

Also, it says that the cops noticed the B on her face at the scene of the crime. She had no time to do it herself. "Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention." http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...b-carved-face/
    Attached Images
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    It would also have that shape if the perp was standing above her.

Also, it says that the cops noticed the B on her face at the scene of the crime. She had no time to do it herself. "Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention." McCain Volunteer Says She Was Mugged, Had 'B' Cut in Her Face - FOXNews.com Elections
    If he was behind her head...which would leave her arms and legs free. Fox news is not verifying the story as of yet. I too am a bit skeptical...but then that is the nature of a CCWer.

Rick

Attack on McCain campaign volunteer....

McCain Volunteer Says She Was Mugged, Had 'B' Cut in Her Face

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...b-carved-face/

John McCain volunteer says she was robbed at knifepoint Wednesday in Pittsburgh by an attacker who cut a 'B' into her face after noticing a McCain bumper sticker on her car.
    The Republican presidential nominee has since called the volunteer, 20-year-old Texas resident Ashley Todd, and spoken with her and her family.
    Todd was working at a nearby phone bank before she was apparently attacked near an ATM machine.
    Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richards said the victim was withdrawing money at 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her from behind, put the knife to her neck and demanded money. She says she gave him $60.
    She told police the robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and then carved a "B" on the right side of her face.
    Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention.
    A police report does not describe the size or severity of the injury.

FOX News' Carl Cameron and The Associated Press contributed to this report

They showed a picture of her on Fox News... it's a pretty big "B" on her right cheek,

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    McCain Volunteer Says She Was Mugged, Had 'B' Cut in Her Face

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...b-carved-face/

John McCain volunteer says she was robbed at knifepoint Wednesday in Pittsburgh by an attacker who cut a 'B' into her face after noticing a McCain bumper sticker on her car.
    The Republican presidential nominee has since called the volunteer, 20-year-old Texas resident Ashley Todd, and spoken with her and her family.
    Todd was working at a nearby phone bank before she was apparently attacked near an ATM machine.
    Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richards said the victim was withdrawing money at 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her from behind, put the knife to her neck and demanded money. She says she gave him $60.
    She told police the robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and then carved a "B" on the right side of her face.
    Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention.
    A police report does not describe the size or severity of the injury.

FOX News' Carl Cameron and The Associated Press contributed to this report

They showed a picture of her on Fox News... it's a pretty big "B" on her right cheek,
    A perfect ending to this crime would have been some holes in the body of the offending dirtbag.
    How many mags would it take to spell "F. Y."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pic Taken by Victim

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I saw the photo and I must say, I am skeptical.

Here it is:

Sorry to be a sourpuss.
    Fox News stated that she took the picture of herself.
    That may explain the backwards B.

As much as I want to believe.....I have serious doubts to the story. So a criminal who is after money, suddenly decides to be politically active by marking his victim....?

uhh....

nevermind...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    Fox News stated that she took the picture of herself.
    That may explain the backwards B.
    No, on your right cheek a B would have the straight edge away from the nose. The other possible explanation that the perp was above her as she was on the ground is plausible, however unlikely it may be. I suppose she could have pointed the camera at a mirror, getting the angle just right so that the camera didn't have to be in front of her... ... ...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    A perfect ending to this crime would have been some holes in the body of the offending dirtbag.
    How many mags would it take to spell "F. Y."
    Oh boy. This would be a good job for a .380. I'm thinking roughly 10-12 rounds for each letter. Any caliber larger than that may make it tough to read.

Administrator
    Or if the perp was standing behind her and had her grabbed under the chin pulling her head back the letter "B" would face that direction and would be in that location on her cheek if the guy was right handed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links