Don't Taz me bro; Raccoon unfazed

This is a discussion on Don't Taz me bro; Raccoon unfazed within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some days nothing seems to work right. Raccoon unfazed by cop's Taser during wild chase From Associated Press October 23, 2008 7:56 PM EDT DALLAS ...

Thread: Don't Taz me bro; Raccoon unfazed

VIP Member

Don't Taz me bro; Raccoon unfazed

Some days nothing seems to work right.

Raccoon unfazed by cop's Taser during wild chase
    From Associated Press
    October 23, 2008 7:56 PM EDT
    DALLAS - Police learned something during a frenetic burglary call to an elderly couple's home: Tasers don't work on raccoons. Police arrived with guns drawn after receiving a 911 call from an 85-year-old man who heard noises near his front door Tuesday night. Officers surrounded the house but pretty quickly - in the words of the police report - "determined the suspect was a raccoon."

In the meantime, the masked burglar apparently made its way into the house through the chimney. And that's when things got really interesting.

With officers in pursuit, the raccoon took off through the house, ripping up Venetian blinds, pulling down drapes, knocking over a lamp and toppling a flowerpot. Finally, Officer Daniel Ek tried to let it out the back door when the suspect apparently turned threatening.

"While unlocking the back door, the suspect ran at Officer Ek," the police report says.

Ek used his taser, but the raccoon ran up the chimney with the stun gun's prongs in its back. An animal control officer tried unsuccessfully to flush it out with ammonia, homeowner Bill Hyde said in Thursday's editions of The Dallas Morning News.

A neighbor helped secure the front of the fireplace to keep the raccoon from returning. The next morning, when the neighbor returned to put a cap on the chimney, the raccoon had escaped.

"He got away clean," Hyde said.
    EarthLink - News Article

2. Remove Ads

Those masked bandits can be very hard to handle. I hope he learned his lesson and sticks to robbing bird nests or something.

Senior Moderator
    Interesting that a tazer didn't work on such a small animal.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

You would think that it would fry the little critter. Maybe too much fur kept the contacts from reaching the skin. Anyway, funny story.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Many years ago my uncle kept hearing noises in the attic so he sent his friend up to the attic with flashlight and Uncles .38 next thing unlce hears ahhhhh crap bang from the .38. He yells up the stairs what the hell is going on? The Raccoon charged uncle friend so he shot it and then it jumped thru gapin hole in the roofto get away. Unlce and friend run into the backyard and start shooting at the Raccon on the roof of the house. Keep hitting it but the animal keeps living until finally kill shot and it comes tumbling down dead. Aunt runs outside after hearing the gunfire. Uncle asks Aunt does she want a Raccoon coat or hat? Neither she relpies "A To many holes and B I only wear Mink!!"
    Last edited by JD; October 24th, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: language.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Interesting that a tazer didn't work on such a small animal.
    No reason it shouldn't work...probably didn't get through the fur...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links