Dumb People

Dumb People

This is a discussion on Dumb People within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After a pileup on I-95 in Orangeburg, South Carolina, Highway Patrol officers closed down the interstate by blocking the two lanes with their police cruisers. ...

Thread: Dumb People

Dumb People

After a pileup on I-95 in Orangeburg, South Carolina, Highway Patrol officers closed down the interstate by blocking the two lanes with their police cruisers. Then, along comes Howard Fisher, 54, who crashed his car right into the cruisers for no apparent reason. When the police arrested Fisher, they found 43 pounds of marijuana in the car.

A drug bust took place at the New York City Triborough Bridge toll station when the driver of a car said he was broke and asked if he could mail in the $4.50 toll. The booth operator said, "Sure, just let me see your driver's license." When he saw that the driver's license was expired, he notified Port Authority police. The driver and two other men in the car were arrested, and $4,000 worth of drugs was seized.

The Dubai airport employs highly sophisticated drug detection equipment which frequently snares innocent travelers, and the United Arab Emirates court is notorious for sentencing travelers to 4-year prison terms for violating their extreme "zero tolerance" drug possession laws. Recently, Briton Keith Brown, 43, was busted when a speck of marijuana was found caught in the tread of his shoe. A Canadian man was also busted when three poppy seeds were found in his pocket; the seeds had fallen off a roll he had eaten before departing the London Heathrow Airport.

When New Orleans police arrived on the scene of a car fire, they arrested the two men who were occupying the car ,charging them with drug possession. It turns out the underhood fire was caused by several pounds of marijuana which had been ignited by the red-hot manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    After a pileup on I-95 in Orangeburg, South Carolina, Highway Patrol officers closed down the interstate by blocking the two lanes with their police cruisers. Then, along comes Howard Fisher, 54, who crashed his car right into the cruisers for no apparent reason. When the police arrested Fisher, they found 43 pounds of marijuana in the car.

A drug bust took place at the New York City Triborough Bridge toll station when the driver of a car said he was broke and asked if he could mail in the $4.50 toll. The booth operator said, "Sure, just let me see your driver's license." When he saw that the driver's license was expired, he notified Port Authority police. The driver and two other men in the car were arrested, and $4,000 worth of drugs was seized.

The Dubai airport employs highly sophisticated drug detection equipment which frequently snares innocent travelers, and the United Arab Emirates court is notorious for sentencing travelers to 4-year prison terms for violating their extreme "zero tolerance" drug possession laws. Recently, Briton Keith Brown, 43, was busted when a speck of marijuana was found caught in the tread of his shoe. A Canadian man was also busted when three poppy seeds were found in his pocket; the seeds had fallen off a roll he had eaten before departing the London Heathrow Airport.

When New Orleans police arrived on the scene of a car fire, they arrested the two men who were occupying the car ,charging them with drug possession. It turns out the underhood fire was caused by several pounds of marijuana which had been ignited by the red-hot manifold.
    I understand that quite a crowd was formed around that fire!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't think the guys in Dubai would be considered dumb, just unfortunate travelers. Another reason not to travel to the Middle East.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Administrator
    There is no shortage of dumb people, its job security for me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

My neighbor-cop says the exact same thing
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

As my cop buddy told a reporter after an arrest: "It's not like we're arresting any Lex Luthors out here."

Stupid people give LEOs and medical folks job security. And the people who write warning labels for product packaging.

-JT

+1. I do think that the two guys in Dubai were highly unlucky, rather than dumb.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have been to Dubai and I swear there is some kind of drug sniffing dog everywhere you go.
    God Bless America!!

Sponsored Links