Election Day aftermath

This is a discussion on Election Day aftermath within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this article a few days ago and thought it was interesting and would spark some good conversation here; just keep it within the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Election Day aftermath

Administrator

Election Day aftermath

I found this article a few days ago and thought it was interesting and would spark some good conversation here; just keep it within the rules so we can actually discuss this.

TheHill.com - Police prepare for unrest

Personally, I think its a real possibility no matter who wins, but there are a lot of factors that will play into the scale of things like weather, media reports etc. No matter, I think we are in for an interesting election!
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I too have thought something like this was possible. No matter who wins, something is going to happen.
    God Bless America!!

History is certainly going to be made this year. I just hope that the civil unrest is limited to simple protest, but I doubt it. I am not real sure there will be mass riots, but more concentrated in larger metropolitan areas where the supporters of the loosing side might spark up.

Although I could be very wrong, there was at least one recent report of a BG carving a letter into the face of a McCain campaign worker. And I would hope the Police wouldn't simply be wasting time upping their forces and polishing their methods for rumors, but would have real concerns. I know I will be ready, just in case it makes it to my street or anywhere I happen to be.

I'm just sayin'...
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    The "B" case you mentioned was a nut job, it isn't true. However, there have been a lot more real cases of violence against GOP supporters but of course the only one that gets any media coverage is the lying loon.

The mean spirited side of me hopes there are huge riots, it will make for more interesting times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ah, I hadn't heard that. I've been trapped in my server room for the past few days, they only let me out for an occasional feeding or caffeine supplementation.

I know of friends who have been scolded and almost ostracized for their view which is different than the rest of their family, I'll leave it at that, and I can imagine it will only get worse for those types of people (those with family/friends who think they should vote a certain way for a certain reason).

I just gotta hurry up and get that AR my Wife told me to go buy, regardless if it will be for SD or an investment for future higher returns.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I see the possibility of rioting and looting, any reason will do to go down to the local WalMart to relieve them of some shoes and TV's

I might join them this time, I could use a new 55" LCD TV...

Just kidding.

Luckly we are so rural that it won't impact us.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

With all the media buildup, if it doesn't go as they have predicted and hope, yeh, I think there'll be some riots.

I thought that is what Joe meant when he said that if his partner won America would be tested by the terrorist.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Some people just look for a time to create civil unrest.
    Yes, I believe that 'things' will happen regardless of how things turn out.

It might be the right time for those who enforce 'law and order' to become 'creative'. "Let's roll!", so to speak.

Stay armed...time to thin the herds...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

EW3
    I have a feeling we may be looking at a repeat of 2000, but on an even larger scale. We may not know the outcome for a while.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I had not thought of it as a "riot" in either case...: winning and celebrating (overturning cars and starting fired like after a big sports event); or losing and rioting because thinking it was stolen. It is likely to be confined to younger voters, i.e., I can't lift up a car anymore without hurting my back.

It's crossed my mind. I used to think my mid-western location made me immune to big city riots, but after watching Katrina footage live, I don't know. I've lost a lot of faith in our national conscience. NOLA looked like a third world country. We've had two major tornados cut across this city in the last 20 years, and the difference of a couple miles would have cut us in two, and wiped out our local government. I really think people here are capable of Katrina style crime and looting if the opportunity arose.

I'll have the Jeep full of gas, and at the first sign of trouble, Robin and my son are going to her family farm an hour away in the boonies. I guess me and the dogs will hunker down at the house.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    I would think that all this talk is just that, talk, it will probably be just like the y2k paranoia and end up being a non-event. Still it never hurts to be prepared.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I live in a very rural area, so I don't think they'll be rioting near my house. But if they do, I can just walk to my parents house. They have 200 acres with a large portion of it behind a wrought iron fence. And my dad has almost as many guns as Sixto. They even have a buried generator and fuel tank that will power the house for over 2 months and my mother has been canning vegetables for years. With the deer, moose and bear on the property, I think we could last a long, long time.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

I am far more concerned, and preparing for, legislation and "plans" that will get forced upon us after the new administration gets to work.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links