Election aftermath poll

This is a discussion on Election aftermath poll within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The county seat here in Backwoods Ky. has 2 stoplights,(the only 2 in the entire county). So you have to be kidding about the riots---right? ...

View Poll Results: How likely are riots near your home?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all, cows stampede, not riot.

58 40.28%
  • There's a slim chance.

48 33.33%
  • I'm worried enough to prepare.

34 23.61%
  • It's happening here, you'll see me on CNN.

4 2.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Election aftermath poll

The county seat here in Backwoods Ky. has 2 stoplights,(the only 2 in the entire county). So you have to be kidding about the riots---right?

Cadiz/Trigg county Ky. pop less than 12,000,(one died yesterday--old age).

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    The county seat here in Backwoods Ky. has 2 stoplights,(the only 2 in the entire county). So you have to be kidding about the riots---right?

Cadiz/Trigg county Ky. pop less than 12,000,(one died yesterday--old age).
    I've been dirt biking in that area, he isnt kidding.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar

Talking

Sarasota, Florida.
    What? They're too old to even toss their walkers onto the golfcart paths.
    But, tell them they just missed the Early Bird Special and, dude, you got BIG trouble.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

I live 20 minutes East of Memphis Tennessee, Liberal HQ for the state of Tennessee. If Obama Loses, and I think he will, I would not be surprised at all to see riots in Memphis.

Living as far East of Memphis as we do, I doubt we will see any civil unrest here, especially since the small town we live in is very Republican, mostly made up of people who got fed up with the B.S. in Memphis and moved here to get away from it. But, just the same, I will be ready.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

hopefully there wont be any where i live but I am prepared... probably get a little more prepared just in case... ill have enough to light up the yard for a little bit if they want to step on my yard.....

Senior Moderator
    How many people does it take to riot, my town has less than 5000, we might have 50 trouble makers who start something but that's only 2 mags worth
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I live on a tropical island on the east coast of Florida. Near enough to the I-4 section that has most of the northerners living in it that our neighborhood, is mixed with McCain and Obama supporters.

There is absolutely no chance of a riot, or anything like it, regardless of who wins.

Now, I could see it in Orlando, or Jacksonville. But I dough it

Not likely, but we are prepared for it.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

jfl
    I first punched "slim chance".

Then I thought the whole idea of putting up with the inconveniece of carrying a gun is to be prepared for a very slim chance of needing it. So I changed my vote to the next option.
    I am not saying I am doing anything unusual, just stocking a little more ammo, getting the 30-30 back in shooting status (removing long term rust preventives), etc.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Normally I would have voted for 'slim' to 'no chance', but then I realized where I live (Jacksonville the murder capital of Florida) and what has been happening lately.

Last evening, the local media and the black community here were all in a frenzy because the Jacksonville Sheriff's office just added one more police shooting which brought the year's total to 24. Miami, Orlando, and Tampa have less than 10 police shootings each. Of course the bulk of the shootings have taken place in the neighborhoods where crime is highest, unfortunately that also means where the population is predominately African-American.

The reporters on the scene of the latest shooting were describing how infuriated the locals were at the white mayor and sheriff, and what they see as an outright assault on them by the police. Couple that with the increased tensions over the current presidential campaign and you have a recipe for disaster.

In my immediate neighborhood, which is a typical middle class subdivision, there are approximately equal numbers of blacks and whites, and we all seem to get along fine. I don't think there will be riots on my street, but one would not have to go far from me to be in a volatile area. So, I checked the "worried enough to prepare" option.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm deployed. If Obama wins, everyone in our unit who voted for him is gonna get the crap beaten out of them. If McCain wins, nothing at all will happen. Nobody really to riot against though. I did my part though and didn't help anyone figure out how to request an absentee ballot that was going to vote for Obama. Unfair...maybe...but I have no obligation to be fair about it.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I can see it happening in my area if OB loses. I'm surrounded by a fairly large amount of illegals either living in, or frequenting area homes.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Thats funny.
    Keep your powder dry

I don't know for sure. Living in a red state is good. Living in one of the few blue areas in that state is not fun. I'm actually planning on bringing in an extra shotgun in from the safe. One for me, one for the wife. Plus, I'll have my XD.
    God Bless America!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links