How much trouble are you in...

This is a discussion on How much trouble are you in... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is a story out there of a woman/girl who says she was attacked by an Obama supporter because she was a McCain supporter. Ugh. ...

Thread: How much trouble are you in...

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

How much trouble are you in...

There is a story out there of a woman/girl who says she was attacked by an Obama supporter because she was a McCain supporter. Ugh. Whatever. But now it appears that the story is made up. Whether it is or not, the politics, I do not care.

The question I have is, just how much trouble is a person in when they report to the police a crime that was made up? What will happen to this girl? What would happen to someone else if it is a low key story with no political ramifications? It seems a lot of these stories are made up to make news of some sort. What happens to those people?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

You certainly CAN be charged for making a false police report.
    It would more likely be a misdemeanor with a punishment of 1-5 slaps on the wrist.

The 20 yr old you speak of is a 'kook' anyway, I'm sure they won't do much to her, probably just a verbal buttkicking.

When they don't really punish 'real criminals' what do you think they'd do to an unbalanced college kid? After the news media drop it, the DA will drop her.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    She could be prosectuted for filing a false report, which is not something to be taken lightly around here.

On most reports you sign at the bottom testifying that what you saw was true and you basically swear to it being so. Some even state that filing a false report could have you tried for Perjury in court at the bottom of the signature line.

The penalty depends on the people that are made aware of it. It mostly depends on the Judge and how he feels about it. It could be as simple as a fine or it could be time spent in jail.

If she just called 911 and had an emergency unit respond, she could still be prosectuted for filing a false report. She could be liable for any costs, and still be prosecuted depending on the circumstances.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Depending on the state, there could jail time, though since she doesn't seem to have a record, I doubt she would get the max. Probably a fine, smack on the wrist and probation time.
    NRA Life Member

Is it possible that they were BOTH Obama supporters and the attack was staged to make the McCain side look bad?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Senior Moderator
    anything is possible...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

In Oregon, it's pretty low on the food chain. A quick scan of the Oregon statutes shows that, of the eight levels of classifications of violations, ORS 162.375 Initiating A False Report is punishable as a Class C Misdemeanor ... the 7th of 8 levels. (Class A/B/C/unclassified felonies; Class A/B/C/unclassified misdemeanors).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I thinka when she goes to apply for a real job...a background check on google alone will sink her.

Rick

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I don't know how many times I've heard the prosecutor ask a witness on the stand, "Have you ever been convicted of a crime involving deception?".....

.....and NOBODY believes anything the witness says from that point on....

Administrator
    Filing a false report is one of my favorite crimes to go after... I always seek the max penalty and get it most times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Is it possible that they were BOTH Obama supporters and the attack was staged to make the McCain side look bad?
    I think that she's just nuts!

Links