New Political/Social Issues Forum

This is a discussion on New Political/Social Issues Forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gimpy Bumper, I registered under the name gimpy , the same one I use here on DefensiveCarry. It was approximately 11:00 pm ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Political/Social Issues Forum

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Bumper, I registered under the name gimpy, the same one I use here on DefensiveCarry. It was approximately 11:00 pm Sunday evening (EDT) when the site appeared to accept my registration. Let me know if I need to try it again. As of this posting, I still haven't received a confirmation e-mail.
    For some reason, it doesn't appear to have accepted it. Try again and let me know if it doesn't go through the second time....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Bumper, I tried again just a few minutes ago. This time I received the following error message: The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
    The entered e-mail address is already in use.

Sounds like my first attempt last night resulted in only partial acceptance of my information, and now I'm locked out from any further registration using my username and e-mail address.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the new forum Bumper. I know....I need another forum to go to like I need a hole in the head, but I checked it out first, and decided it best I get in. This ought to keep DC on the right track and give the mods some rest. LOL.

I, too, registered last night (MiklColt45) and have not yet received an email.

Was it something I said?

I'm sorry.

No, really.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Did you use the same addy you did for this site?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Bumper, I tried again just a few minutes ago. This time I received the following error message: The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
    The entered e-mail address is already in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I, too, registered last night (MiklColt45) and have not yet received an email.
    You're both good to go now. I expect this had something to do with the email being blocked by your ISP, but since I know you guys, I have activated them both....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Thanks for the new forum Bumper. I know....I need another forum to go to like I need a hole in the head
    Good deal, Ram Rod. I need another one like a hole in the head, too....

Sorry for it taking so long to respond to these problems, BTW, I was in class all day today.
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    You're both good to go now. I expect this had something to do with the email being blocked by your ISP, but since I know you guys, I have activated them both....

Good deal, Ram Rod. I need another one like a hole in the head, too....

Sorry for it taking so long to respond to these problems, BTW, I was in class all day today.
    Thanks, Bumper.

I kept checking my email...and nothing, not even in the trash folder.

Good, now I have something else to do when I should be working, exercising, doing the 'honeydo' list....
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Thank you Bumper. I really appreciate getting to be a member of ConservativeStronghold just as I do being a member here. Your ability to keep things running smoothly always amazes me.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Administrator
    Perhaps sticky status is in order here; there is going to be plenty of politican to go around for a few years I think.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Bumper,
    Impressive site and very much appreciated.
    Thanks for helping feed our addictions.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Id like to bring up an interesting topic. Though I agree with the right to say it, I really hate the implication by some conservatives (not saying anyone here) that liberals/democrats are un-American.

I was a boy scout, middle class kid, I was in the military, and now I am a Criminal Justice major. I have the flag in front of my house and 2 folded upstairs in my room. One is my grandfather's who was a democrat til the day he passed. He served honorably in WWII and saw alot of combat with the Bloody Buckets Division. So, by some people's standards, my grandfather was unAmerican for having a different viewpoint on politics? Frankly, there is nothing more American than having your own set of political beliefs and ideals.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Second, I don't think you will find anyone here that would refer to Democrats/Liberals in general as un-American. We just don't agree with many of their political beliefs, in particular, the strong anti-gun element within their group.

Third, this is not the forum for political discussion. Bumper, our administrator, has established another forum where you can freely carry on an open discussion of your political views. Although it is called ConservativeStronghold.com I think you will find that you and your views will be respected.

As a side note, my father and grandfather were also very strong Democrats, but the Democrat party of today is far different than it was then.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great site, thanks for creating and hosting it.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyrugby View Post
    Id like to bring up an interesting topic. Though I agree with the right to say it, I really hate the implication by some conservatives (not saying anyone here) that liberals/democrats are un-American.
    I can't remember that ever being said here. At least not left in the forum. We are neutral here and, as gimpy said, we generally do not allow politics on this forum. Visit the new forum for that type of discussion and I still believe you will find it's not that way....
    Bumper

I didnt mean to imply anyone here said anything. Roger on the new forum.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links