New Political/Social Issues Forum

New Political/Social Issues Forum

This is a discussion on New Political/Social Issues Forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We continue to have members post political threads on DefensiveCarry.com and, for the most part, I can understand it. People seem to be charged in ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Political/Social Issues Forum

DC Founder

Lightbulb New Political/Social Issues Forum

We continue to have members post political threads on DefensiveCarry.com and, for the most part, I can understand it. People seem to be charged in this election, including myself. But more shocking, even my wife has become addicted to Presidential election information. So much so we have had to take a day or two here and there just so we can remain sane. While I am absolutely committed to keeping this forum "politics free", I really can relate to many of your frustrations. So much so, I have created another forum where politics and social issues, that we avoid here, can be freely discussed.

This is somewhat of an experiment suggested by many of you encouraging me to start another forum, similar to this one, on these topics.

I built the forum on a phpBB platform because it's free. I have it hosted on a VPS server that I already had for some of my other projects. If it catches on, I will transition it to vBulletin software. If it turns out there is little real demand for such a forum, there is nothing lost but my time.

You can find the forum at http://www.conservativestronghold.com/vbulletin/

The registration and login links are at the bottom for some reason, but hopefully I can get them added to the top shortly. I am open to any and all comments and suggestions, both positive or negative, should you wish to offer them. The rules are a little different (relaxed) so you might want to browse through them. You will recognize some commonalities in rules, format, etc.

I will warn you not to talk too loud over there, though, it echoes....
    Last edited by JD; July 30th, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Corrected URL for Conservative Stronghold
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Interesting idea, and thanks for your efforts. Of the many political forums online I haven't visited any at all..........my blood pressure is already high enough.

I will check out your link though.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    Cool, Thanks!
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Thanks Bumper, your efforts are appreciated.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You're a real glutton for punishment, huh? I love the forum name!

I also am jealous of your signature:
    That's a pretty good description too

Thankyou very much Bumper, you're a great guy!

Does anywhere here know of a Libertarian forum, sane political forum where the people are centrists or could recommend any other forums? I'm just tired of Neo-Cons and Liberals, thanks for your advice!
    Last edited by Duisburg; October 26th, 2008 at 02:50 PM.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Dare I even look? Will I ever leave my computer desk?

Thanks for the opportunity to vent...

Let's check this new place out!

Thank you, Bumper.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Hey, I have a great idea. Take all the deleted posts from this forum and "seed" the new one.

ETA:
    I just tried to register. It won't let me put in a username that is 14 characters. You are just going to have to change that.

Also, those are some cool colors. Very pleasing to the eye. How about "updating" DC's colors.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Thanks will check it out

Sweet, I'll check it out. The other forum some of us went to was mostly kids and I just couldn't hang out there.

This one should be real good. Can we still talk about guns over there too?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Hey, I have a great idea. Take all the deleted posts from this forum and "seed" the new one.
    I actually considered it, since there have been some really good ones we have pulled here, but would rather the members post them themselves.

I just tried to register. It won't let me put in a username that is 14 characters. You are just going to have to change that.
    I restricted it because of the problems it causes here, but since the length of the name does not throw things out of kilter I will bump it up for ya, EMP.

ETA: I bumped the acceptable length of member name to 15.

Also, those are some cool colors. Very pleasing to the eye. How about "updating" DC's colors.
    Thanks, it took me a while to find a design I like. And I do like them enough to move them over here. I may offer it as a user option so people can stay with the current colors here or change them to the colors on that site....
    Bumper

Administrator
    I must be dumb, I cant find the register button.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    SIXTO, I found it by trying to log in with my current info from DC, it directed me to a register link
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    SIXTO, I found it by trying to log in with my current info from DC, it directed me to a register link
    I tried that, it just kicks me out telling me that I'm not registered

nevermind, I got it
    "Just blame Sixto"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Thanks, it took me a while to find a design I like. And I do like them enough to move them over here. I may offer it as a user option so people can stay with the current colors here or change them to the colors on that site....
    All the posts come out solid black for me. vBulletin software is very much better.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links