Before the election day aftermath

This is a discussion on Before the election day aftermath within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here we go; Ohio man accused of wounding teen over McCain sign LEAVITTSBURG, Ohio (AP) -- A teenager was wounded in the arm by a ...

Thread: Before the election day aftermath

Administrator

Before the election day aftermath

Here we go;

Ohio man accused of wounding teen over McCain sign

LEAVITTSBURG, Ohio (AP) -- A teenager was wounded in the arm by a man who said he wanted to stop the boy and another from taking his John McCain yard sign.

Warren Township police Lt. Don Bishop said 50-year-old Kenneth Rowles told officers he got out a .22-caliber rifle Saturday afternoon to fire warning shots, not hurt anyone. The two shots hit the van the teens were in.

Rowles pleaded not guilty Monday to felonious assault. A preliminary hearing was set for Nov. 4, Election Day.

Kyree Flowers, the 17-year-old passenger in the van, was wounded in the arm and was treated at a hospital, Bishop said.

The victim and his cousin admitted stealing signs at the Rowles home and elsewhere, Bishop said Tuesday. Rowles had the only McCain sign on a street with numerous Barack Obama signs, according to Bishop.

He said there was no evidence the thefts were anything more than teen vandalism. No charges were filed against the boys.

Local Republican and Democratic officials said campaign signs have been disappearing frequently and people were frustrated.

and some equal "airtime"

Campaign workers attacked

By Ben Bomberger

Two people were arrested Monday afternoon after an altercation led to five Republican campaign workers being sprayed with Mace at their headquarters in Galax.

Galax Police Chief Rick Clark said officers were dispatched shortly before 1 p.m. to the Galax Republican headquarters on East Grayson Street when a caller reported someone had sprayed office workers with Mace.

Responding officers arrested Daniel Cason Meinecke, 29, and Cara Annis Hindman, 26, both of Galax.

Meinecke was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault, Hindman was charged with five counts of misdemeanor assault.

Galax Republican Chairman Mike Stevens said he was one of the volunteers sprayed. He said a man and woman came into the office and asked for campaign yard signs for the Democratic ticket of Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

After being told the Obama-Biden campaign office was up the street, Stevens said, the man said he was aware of that, but that he thought Democratic signs were being stolen and “stashed” at the Republican office.

Stevens told him that nobody there had stolen signs, not were they “stashing” any in the building.

A confrontation escalated and, Stevens said, the man began to use some four-letter words.

Stevens said there were older women in the office and he asked the couple to leave the building.

“With the ladies in the office, I said that was enough and asked them to leave,” he said. “I told them, if they had a problem with someone stealing their signs they needed to contact the police department.”

Stevens said the couple replied that they weren’t leaving, and that they didn’t have to.

“I kind of moved them towards the door and he lashed out at me,” Stevens said. “So I lashed out at him.”

No punches were thrown, but instead the two simply held each other at bay, according to Stevens.

Once outside, Stevens said, the woman sprayed Mace on him and another volunteer before turning back to the office and spraying inside the building.

“It was surreal in the fact that I’ve had people in the past couple months come in and ask for signs. But to have an altercation like that just seems strange.”

While Stevens was unsure if the couple came into the building planning to start an altercation, he said it seemed evident they were.

“There was no business that this gentleman had to do in the office. We didn’t do anything... We didn’t steal his signs. The people in the building were a 75- and 71-year-old man and their respective wives... they aren’t out there stealing signs.”

Stevens said he felt the man just came to the headquarters to agitate office volunteers and that he had no reason to enter the building.

“I can’t say they came there for that purpose. But it seemed that it was to come in and agitate. When he started cussing, that’s when I felt it was time for them to go out of the way and go on down the road.”

With the election of a new president coming in the next week, Stevens said the tension between Republican and Democrats has been elevated.

“We are more divided,” as a result, he said.

Chief Clark said in a news release that Meinecke is alleged to have physically assaulted one of the Republican campaign workers; Hindman is alleged to have sprayed Pepper Mace that contaminated five Republican campaign workers.

Both were released on a secured bond pending their arraignment in Galax General District Court.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...aftermath.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...math-poll.html
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

There are some people who shouldn't evem be allowed to go outside. That is wrong with people these days, firing a rifle because is stealing your sign, Idiot.

Tensions here are also increasing, it's getting ugly. Signs are being vandalized, people torching the plastic ones, also running them over with vehicles.Not surprising when you nominate a extreme left-wing polarizing candidate the degenerates emerge.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    There are some people who shouldn't evem be allowed to go outside. That is wrong with people these days, firing a rifle because is stealing your sign, Idiot.
    Yeah, it made me laugh when the article said he went outside to fire "warning shots".

Warning Shots!?? Into a van, and you happen to hit the kid sitting in it? Warning shots my ass!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah, it made me laugh when the article said he went outside to fire "warning shots".

Warning Shots!?? Into a van, and you happen to hit the kid sitting in it? Warning shots my ass!
    That was my thought too. In every movie I have seen where warning shots are used it is always in the air, not arm.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

So....the McCain campaign signs are becoming a collectors item huh? I may be out rather late tonight. ;)
    I've got two takes on the ordeal: 1st..the homeowner should be charged with endangering the community or whatever they call it........as of yet, being stupid isn't a punishable crime. 2nd..
    He said there was no evidence the thefts were anything more than teen vandalism. No charges were filed against the boys.
    So-teen vandalism doesn't warrant some form of action nowadays? If these juveniles would have been reported or caught earlier on, this instance wouldn't have happened, but now we know they definitely won't be doing any more of that. Ponder this: even thought the homeowner is a whacko from our point of view for shooting at the youths for something seemingly stupid-----didn't the youth's actions or disrespect for property actually cause this guy to do what he did? Force his hand? Push him over the edge of reason? They had fun while it lasted.....this time they picked the wrong house and it brought an end to it all. Both parties were at fault....one more than the other. Without an action...there is no reaction. Not Newton's law, but the law of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    So-teen vandalism doesn't warrant some form of action nowadays?
    Boys will be boys is what you will hear someone say, I'm sure. I wonder if the fact they are not charging them is because one of them got shot, a sort of "they have already been punished" mentality.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Why the heck aren't charges being filed on the criminals? Why is the homeowner charged with anything?

I guess things are different in Texas...you're on my land and you're trying to steal my property? That's called target practice down here.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Why the heck aren't charges being filed on the criminals? Why is the homeowner charged with anything?

I guess things are different in Texas...you're on my land and you're trying to steal my property? That's called target practice down here.
    Unfortunatly, in Ohio the homeowner was very much in the wrong. I'm not saying the kids were in the right. Charges may come down the road.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links