Man posing as officer robs motorist

This is a discussion on Man posing as officer robs motorist within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=9260534 Man posing as officer robs motorist Associated Press - October 29, 2008 3:45 PM ET OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma City police are investigating ...

Thread: Man posing as officer robs motorist

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=9260534

Associated Press - October 29, 2008 3:45 PM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma City police are investigating a report that a man posing as a police officer stopped a motorist and robbed him.

Sgt. Paco Balderrama says the victim told officers a dark purple sport utility vehicle with flashing red and blue lights stopped him about 2 a.m. Saturday in southwest Oklahoma City.

The man says a black man with a flashlight and badge ordered him out of his car and searched his pockets - taking his wallet then giving it back and letting him go.

The man says when he got back into his car he noticed $550 missing from the wallet.

The victim's name hasn't been released
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    This story stinks.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    The use of emergency lighting in Texas has become so wide spread on some many different vehicles that you can't tell the cops from a road crew anymore.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Out at 2 a.m. with $550 cash in your pocket? Are gun shops open that late in Oklahoma City?

I don't remember the last time I carried that much cash unless I was on my way to a gun shop.

You know I see a lot of what appears to be gangster types (subjective but my opinion) driving retired LE interceptors. They don't remove the extremely dark tint and to the casual observer it still looks like the po po. Coupled with some lights and quick flash of almost any kind of badge and that could put someone in a vulnerable spot. As I type this I am reminded of some of the opinions to tell a LEO you are armed even when not required and I too generally am of that same belief; no harm no foul, right? But as I consider this scenario to tell an apparent LEO you have a weapon and ask how do I proceed, could very easily give the BG a weapon. It's crazy times and except for a few I believe most have respect for LE, if not the individual, the position as we should. But just like everything else these days, a healthy dose of (but respectful) skepticism may save your life or someone else.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

That's a good reason why it should be illegal to use unmarked cars for traffic stops,or cops out of uniform,anybody can buy a t-shirt with ATF DEA Sheriff FBI etc. and legally wear it ,they can also buy fake badges online.It's harder to drive around with a light bar and decals on your car without being noticed by a real cop
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Here in MO. there are LEO's that have cars that do not look like the traditional LEO vehicles but have lights behind the grill in front and also have license plates that look just like a normal civilian POV - nothing to identify the car as being police. I really don't like the idea of LEO vehicles having the same license plates as civilians - that could lead to the folks thinking someone is impersonating an officer and not stop. Then you're in big trouble for not stopping - would just like to see a vehicle with law enforcement plates on them.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This story stinks.
    Agreed. It didn't say, but I wonder did the victim have a "B" scratched on his face too.

FWIW, you do have to be careful, especially if you're a woman.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Alone?
    Unsure?
    Keeping driving and call 911...
    Explain your position and location...
    They will be able to advise you of the authenticity.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    ----OR------------>

did the guy lose the $550 (if that's accurate) and now must explain it to his wife/SO/dealer? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Links