Remember this next time you're in a courtroom situation

This is a discussion on Remember this next time you're in a courtroom situation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Doing some light research, I began thinking about the implications in terms of just about all aspects of a courtroom case. If you have a ...

Thread: Remember this next time you're in a courtroom situation

cj [OP]

Doing some light research, I began thinking about the implications in terms of just about all aspects of a courtroom case. If you have a few minutes, watch the videos and see how you do.

DON'T read responses until you've watched the video, or you'll ruin the effect.

YouTube - test Your Awareness: Do The test

Afterwards, consider the implications in, for example, testimony at a shooting case.

And yes, I expect that most on the forum will claim to have passed with flying colors despite the relatively small numbers this experiment has shown actually pass.

testimony that you saw a moon walking bear might affect your believability.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I didn't see it, while counting passes, but it sure did cross my field of vision.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I did ,it's been shown on here before
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I saw this before, but I didn't think that the bear would have the guts to walk through this crowd a second time...

Yes, it's a repeat!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Kind of a funny thing. I got the count right, and also wondered why the "different guy" never caught the ball. But I would never have ID'd it as a moonwalking bear. ADD is a wonderful thing. I can multitask!!
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

cj [OP]
    Sorry, I didn't realize it had been posted before. I'm just wondering about the guy who gets up on the stand and swears that something occurred a certain way when it's so easy to make someone completely miss...a badly moonwalking bear.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize it had been posted before. I'm just wondering about the guy who gets up on the stand and swears that something occurred a certain way when it's so easy to make someone completely miss...a badly moonwalking bear.
    IMO, its because everyone will see the same incident differently. Different people will key on different things as the incident unfolds.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

A normal observation of that group activity would not include the dedicated counting of ball tosses and would be much more likely to observe the "out of place" costume. Did anyone notice actually that is bigfoot..
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Eyewitness testimony is notorious for being wrong. That's the *last* kind of evidence I'd like to be judged on. Suggested reading: "Witness for the Defense" by Elizabeth Loftus.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

VIP Member
    I struggled to see around the bear so I could keep counting passes. Even though I "saw" the bear and was annoyed that he was in my way, the fact that he was a moonwalking bear never registered on my brain. I was surprised at the rewind that he was even there. I even rewatched the video just to check if they were playing a fast one. I agree with the OP on this. If 10 people see something chances are all 10 will focus on the loudest or shiniest thing and they all may miss some other key factor.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Is it bad that I didn't even see the bear during the replay when they said to look for it? I had to watch it a second time I have a case of the thursdays
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Sponsored Links