Where do you get your news?

This is a discussion on Where do you get your news? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stories abound of the major news networks losing viewers, major newspapers losing readership and the "new" media such as the internet exploding in popularity. Yet ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your news?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Stories abound of the major news networks losing viewers, major newspapers losing readership and the "new" media such as the internet exploding in popularity. Yet lots of people still get their news from the "mainstream" media.

I personally listen to Rush Limbaugh and read the Drudge Report. I also frequent Fox News as they tend to be a bit more on the conservative side. I have not watched TV in years. I subscribe to the newspaper mostly for the comics in the Sunday edition and have literally picked up 4 days of papers off my driveway. (I kind of wonder what the delivery person thinks when he sees it, but who cares.)

Just wondering where others get their news.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Foxnews.com, Fox News Channel, KLIF (Fox backed talk radio station in Dallas), Newsmax.com, Washingtonpost.com, sometimes dallasnews.com (Dallas Morning News), CNN and MSNBC when I want a good laugh. I also listen to Glenn Beck and Bill O'Riley on KLIF as well as Dave Ramsey. Sometimes I'll catch Glenn Beck on HNN and O'Riley on FNC.

I try to listen to Rush but he is more of an entertainer now and always been big on himself. Also I'll attempt to listen to Savage, but I can only take someone yelling at me for so long before I get irate myself.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

wpk
    I usually hit up CNN Headline news for about 20 mins in the morning. Let's me know the big stuff that is going on in the world w/o all the filler. Local news is so full of fluff it's intolerable. I skim the local headlines in the paper when I'm at the station, I don't have a subscription at home.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Mostly the Internet, I goto the CNN.com Site, Detroit News (detnews.com), Arizona News delivered and Sometimes the London Times site to get a different perspective

when I want national news I go to CNSnews.com not to be confused with CNN. Fox on tv and drudge sometimes (I do not like the auto refresh)

I also watch "red eye" on fox, but not for news, for a good laugh.

If you want to broaden your news exposure a little, try listening to shortwave radio. Most countries have a "government sponsored" shortwave station on the air, and many have it streamed on the internet. For those of you new to the idea, you will be amazed at how the same news items are reported by other nations. You will also be surprised at how other nations view events differently than how our networks spin them. You will also see how relatively unimportant the United States is to most of the world. Listening to the news from the perspective of other countries can be an educational opportunity that shifts and broadens your prospective. It's also just plain fun- and you can decide what to believe or not.

I usually catch the local news at 10 o'clock on television, CNN once in a while. Other news, I get from Yahoo, or any number of internet sources. I even read the local classified ads online now for two of our area's largest newspapers. I used to get the Sunday newspaper just for the ads--now I'm saving forests. I'd say 90% of my news comes from the internet.

Mostly satellite MX radio- Fox News, Glenn Beck, Quinn & Rose. TV for the traffic, weather and local stuff.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Haven't bought a newspaper in years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Fox News, Glenn Beck, Quinn & Rose and Michael Savage
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Fox News is on all the time on some TV in the house or garage.

By the way...anyone know what happened to Glen Beck lately? (He was the only program I watched outside of Fox.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glenn Beck's TV show is moving to Fox, it's off air until Jan '09 I think.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

newsmax.com, cnn, fox
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

jfl
    Haven't watched TV for years ...
    Internet : Fox News, Associated Press, AFP, BBC and, of course, DefensiveCarry.com
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Glenn Beck's TV show is moving to Fox, it's off air until Jan '09 I think.
    I guess it's been a while since I caught him on, that is great news that he is moving to Fox. I thought it was funny when a CNN affiliate carried his show. Guess he had the Nuge on one too many times for HNN to handle
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links