Good: Be Careful what you say, you never know who is listening!!

This is a discussion on Good: Be Careful what you say, you never know who is listening!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened last week to a pal of mine from the north of England. My pal is a LEO and was travelling home on the ...

Thread: Good: Be Careful what you say, you never know who is listening!!

Thumbs up Good: Be Careful what you say, you never know who is listening!!

This happened last week to a pal of mine from the north of England.
    My pal is a LEO and was travelling home on the trian when 2 VERY dodgy guys got on board.
    Looking very shifty (my pal thought "great no tickets, ticket inspector will see my warrent card (badge) and want me to arrest them")
    I should point out that British Police are not armed, and do not travel in uniform when off duty.
    My pal had his Ipod in and discreetly pulled one ear plug out and pretended to be "asleep"
    BG's started talking thinking nobody can hear me
    They started talking about a "job" (heist) that had happened during the week, one of them was the getaway driver and had bugged out leaving the car when it all went wrong.
    He was saying that they (police) had his car in a compound and he was going to break it out etc etc, he thoughtfully counted aloud how many stations he had to go to their station

Well my pal got off and immediatly called the Police station involved and confirmed they had a robbery during the week and yes there was a car involved.
    Well this is your lucky day, 2 BGs on the way blah blah blah etc you have about an hour to stop and detain.

My pal left his cell number and promised to write it up and send it down to them. About 2 hours later he got a call from a very excited desk sgt who informed him they had arrested both BG's and they would be remanded in custody ~(that's prison no bail to you!!)

I have to say that this goes down as my best dinner party story for the next 18 months (which is about how long they will get)

During the war there were nurmerous signs about careless talk, I suggested that my pal sends the BG a postcard (see below) Can you imagine how that will drive him mad sitting in his flowery dell (Cell) thinking "who the ****** gave me up?"

I hope you enjoy this story and I hope its in the right section!!!

Tint Bob (UK)
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    LOL Serves them right. I can see them talking, trying to figure out how those "dumb coppers" knew it was them and where they were.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

"Loose lips sink ships".

I love the idea of sending the PIC of the babe as a Postcard.

Now the "anonymous" card will really mess with their heads. That's something I'm in favor of. Messing with a criminal's mind is a good thing. Keep them guessing is my motto in a situation like this.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    BGs love to "brag"...hope they get to "gag"...

Rick

That was a pair really bright bulbs. Thay make thier mum's proud I'd wager.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links