Obama wins

This is a discussion on Obama wins within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by grady The words of Patrick Henry may yet again ring out across this land. I think this is exactly where things went ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama wins

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    The words of Patrick Henry may yet again ring out across this land.
    I think this is exactly where things went wrong the last 8 years. "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" I rather die in a terrorist bomb then having to give up due process. The constitution doesn't exempt terrorists, and it doesn't require gun owners to be part of a militia. You can't complain about politicians "hiding behind the constitution" (see Miggy's post) while at the same time claiming the protections of the 2A.

Sorry, the constitution comes as a package.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by treksouth View Post
    I'm sorry guys. I voted today, but not for this outcome. maybe he'll do better than we think.

If you were'nt joking I have some slightly used ammo I will sell you cheap.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Personally, I'm not very happy with the outcome, and even more irritated that those around me have a lot to do with it....

For starters, this whole election has been a sham, Ron Paul, my #1 Candidate of choice, was not covered enough by the Mainstream Media, neither was Bob Barr (2nd choice), and McCain seems like he just sorta gave up, which is disappointing as that's who I voted for.

After the election ended tonight, I had to hear all kinds of crap about Palin being an idiot, Obama bringing "great changes" (great....in what sense of the word?), and probably the longest string-along of a gal I've ever dealt with was bugging me about how I feel that Obama is in office. I won't repeat the same thing over that I've been hearing, as they are all over this thread, but needless to say, I'm tired of talking politics, but I'll stick fight for our rights till the end.

However, this highlights everything I've seen wrong with the system for years. Vote of the Majority should be the ONLY way in this country, no needlessly complex ******** based on percent signs and red/blue states, and people-splitting parties...just majority vote.

Next up, America can never die if the people don't give up in it. Which I see a lot of going on with the McCain side. For now, I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and keep my eyes and ears open, and my mouth (mostly) shut, and pay attention to what's going on, it's going to be an interesting 4 years to say the least.
    Last edited by ReticentXD40; November 5th, 2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Did'nt like the excessive *****s, reeked of low class..

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    The worst thing is that he'll get at least 2, and possibly 4 Supreme Court appointment. And at this point, the democrats have 57, and with 2 independents that caucus with them, they only need 2 more for a filibuster proof Senate. That will essentially make the Republicans irrelevant, at least until the midterm elections. Without the ability of the Republicans to filibuster, they have absolutely no way of preventing anything that he wants to do. I just prey that the Republicans can pull out at least 41 Senators.

I think we should have a 'Boston Gun Party' if he does ANYTHING against the 2a. I almost feel like we're turning into the VERY nation we ran away from a couple centuries ago..hmm.

**Edit: Btw - the boston gun party only in "action" - I really don't want to see those gorgeous firearms sinking down the harbor :p

As for hating Obama - I hate this country. He obviously got the POPULAR vote, meaning - there are just THAT many American's who really are stupid. So hell, it's time to look elsewhere in my eyes. May God bless those who are caught in the coming crossfire.
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

I really do hope we're all wrong about him. Because if we're right, and I usually am, we're screwed. I will start sending emails and letters to all my elected officials. I don't buy the paper here. They had a full size 6 in by 3 in pic of Obama, and a 2by2 inch pic of McCain and a guys arm cut off part of his head. What does that tell you about our paper?

Let's just not become Europe.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

EW3

Blessing in disguise

I'm beginning to believe this may be a blessing in disguise. Obama is going to be so tied up with trying to keep the country afloat that he will never be able to push all his agenda on us. The Conservatives have 4 years to GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER and take this guy on in 2012. I predict he will really show his true colors within a year or so and many millions of the SHEEPLE that voted him in will get buyers remorse.

I was considering going back into the ANG as an officer though, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen under a CINC Obama. Hopefully he never gets his wish to cut Defense spending by 25% and gut the military.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    I'm beginning to believe this may be a blessing in disguise. Obama is going to be so tied up with trying to keep the country afloat that he will never be able to push all his agenda on us.
    Don't forget the thousands of supporters that became active in the success of the groundswell. To the extent that this base has a legal background and can research, document and prepare proposals, I think there is a very high likelihood that a tremendous amount of work could get done, despite limited time to directly attend to these items. IMO, it's why he's there: to push that agenda. It's a one-shot deal. I believe he'll push to make it happen, rationalizing that letting a few important things slide is simply one of the compromises to be accepted for the opportunity.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

First off, are any of us really surprised? If you are, you weren't paying attention!

Second, he is now the President and we need to support the office as Americans. We will know real fast if he is going to work from the center, with his cabinet picks.

Third, this is AMERICA and we have seen hard times and come back from them. If you say you want to leave, or hate this country get the out!

I did not serve nor loose friends and past family members to have that trampled on by anyone who whines about a loss by trashing the USA or threatening to leave!!!

I don't like Obama and his grandiose plans, I didn't vote for him, but by God I will pray for and support him as much as I can for the better of the country, at least on the issues that don't tread on the Word of God and the country; and I know he has many that do. But whining and complaining don't do anything but divide the country more.

All we can do now is prepare for the next mid term elections, work to find and train up a better candidate for 2012.

But for God's sake don't sit for one minute and think this is all over and give up by forsaking the sacrifices laid down by Soldiers past by spewing some of the mess I have seen in the past few hours.

We are Americans and should act like it, if you don't like something then change it! That is what has shaped this country thus far.

The Repubs had 8 years in control and they muffed it up and people got tired of it. I voted for Bush both times, but he didn't meet a dime he didn't spend. He didn't protect our borders. The Congress did nothing but drool on themselves and get the lowest approval rating in history.

[/rant]
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Paco, well put!

VIP Member
    Paco, I hear you. But the burden of proof is on his shoulders. It will not be us who disrespect the Office and the Office is bigger than any man including the one that just got elected. And he must prove to 55 million Americans that voted against him that he will fulfill the vow he will take in January. It is our right to be distrustful and demanding because in this country we do not elect Strong Men but Presidents that must work for the Citizens and it seems we forgot that.

I am an American Citizen and will no bow to anybody that thinks being elected represents having all the power to make me a subject. If so I would be dishonoring those who fought and died for my Freedoms.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

There may be a ray of hope in this.

If you look at Obama's track record, he has consistently done whatever he needed to move on to the next job.

Other than that, he has accomplished nothing.

I predicted that he will back off from some of the leftist rhetoric and move more middle of the road. Why? Because the ONLY thing important to him is getting re-elected. That's the next job now.

Clinton ran to the left but ended up not so far left as he had originally talked. Bad but not as bad as he could have been.

Obama, in his speech last night, supported my prediction.

He said something to the effect that "we might not get it done in the first year, we might not get it done in the first term, but we will get it done."

Don't think I am naive. I firmly believe that if a gun ban reaches his desk, he will sign it happily.

But for the first term at least, I think he will keep his options open.

If we can't get rid of him after four years, then I think we might be toast since he won't be looking toward the next job.

We just need to keep the pressure on our congressmen and senators to try to keep our government from dismantling the U.S.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I predicted that he will back off from some of the leftist rhetoric and move more middle of the road. Why? Because the ONLY thing important to him is getting re-elected. That's the next job now.
    I think he has sought this "next job" for one purpose: to leave a legacy. Can't do that without bold action. Such as: a new Raw Deal (wealth redistribution to a whole new entitlement class with new levels of entitlement); evisceration of the nation's ability to defend itself, if only due to the sheer size of the budget; reduction of threats of violence (in a manner of speaking), via disarming upstanding citizens.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I agree with the many good points that have been made here. Obama was packaged and marketed by Madison avenue like a box of sugary breakfast cereal. Slick marketing in a pretty package, with little substance if you look at the ingredients.

I would hate for the anti Bush whining we have been hearing for the last 8 years to become the new mantra for conservatives. I will respect the President even if I don't agree with him, but now we need to focus on the future and protecting our rights.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links