Would you run for political office? - Page 2

Would you run for political office?

This is a discussion on Would you run for political office? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't lie, cheat, swindle, or manipulate very well, so I'm not sure how far I'd go, but I would love to!! I would love ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you run for political office?

I don't lie, cheat, swindle, or manipulate very well, so I'm not sure how far I'd go, but I would love to!!

I would love to have that platform, and my first issue would be to change the welfare system. I stand firm that if people don't want to work, they ought not eat.

And, of course, gun safety would be in EVERY SCHOOL, as well as trap shooting teams, etc. This would, of course be replacing the inappropriate and silly, "how to be nice to Billy, since he has two dad's" type of classes.

And, lastly, all sex offenders will have a sentence beyond their worst imagination. No worries, we will not have to build bigger prisons.

The list could go on....think I have a chance?!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I might run FROM it....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I would not, I have too much in my past to subject my family to public ridicule.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Four to Six years on the job and retirement for the rest of your life...Hmmmm

I love the concept of anyone being able to run for office.

But I dislike the concept of having to be "someone" to get money and actually win..

I'm probably going to be venturing forth into the world, seeing some other countries in the next few years. After returning I think I would be interested in possibly some type of political office.

Ive always been told I have great charisma, and can capture a room with stories and such. Im a very honest person and maybe people would enjoy that for a change.

I don't know if I would win, but I think it might be an experience worth trying.

My slogan could be "Dont vote for empty promises". Cause I wouldn't promise anything, only make suggestions, and float ideas.

I think what makes everyone bitter in life about politics is broken promises. I promise healthcare, I promise tax breaks. I mean even the President has to work hard to get his agenda fulfilled.

Its very silly to promise things, you're just one person in a huge political scene.

cj
    My personality type indicates being a reluctant leader: I'll take over if I believe everyone else has failed. We're getting there, but I doubt I could get very far.

1) I'm too honest
    2) My beliefs are a mishmash of conservative and liberal views, so neither party would want me, and our country (and funding) is so enmeshed in the 2-party system, I couldn't get the votes.

I was considering it before this cycle and Now I am looking into it, I would be a danger to the Democrats.. A Republican that is Union, spent 36 years in a factory, was a union Representative, anti NAFTA anti Free Trade, pro union, am not afraid to tell the world just how evil and dishonest my opponent is in great detail, but am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, and am very politically active.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

wpk
    The saying is "Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way"...I'm more of a Get out of the way kinda guy. No interest in leading or even being led.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

My natural tendencies (mule-headedness, blunt to a fault, intolerant of azz kissing & kissers, slow to change, quick to decide/act, etc.) would disqualify me in dozens of ways. I can/have been an effective leader when my co-workers & subordinates are best-served to agree with me. But my ego has little time to burn trying to convince anyone that I'm right. So no, I'll quietly go about cutting my own path, tending my own fire & living my own life. I'll cast my vote for people & policies that most allow that to happen.

*This message was approved by the candidate. Paid for by "The Committee to Leave Me Alone", Ghost Tracker - Treasurer
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Actually,
    Wanting to run for political office is what's encourage me to go to school. I live off this stuff and feel I'd do well.

After Obama bought the election though, im not so convinced good politicians have a chance though.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I like power I would only make a good dictator.
    I would never get elected because I like truth and honesty. I might be good to distract the media from another candidate.

Absolutely not.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Guess I could use my wife's philosophy.

When I asked her if she would consider becoming a politician, she said, "No, I value my soul too much".
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Too Much history on myside that I would not want everyone yo know.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

No but I'll consider dictator...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links