Wii adaptor gives you 2 handguns or one rifle

This is a discussion on Wii adaptor gives you 2 handguns or one rifle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/te.../06rumble.html Run-and-Gun Action With a Wii Controller By JOHN BIGGS Published: November 5, 2008 Fans of Nintendo’s Wii gaming system are mostly drawn to the ...

Thread: Wii adaptor gives you 2 handguns or one rifle

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Wii adaptor gives you 2 handguns or one rifle

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/te.../06rumble.html

Run-and-Gun Action With a Wii Controller

By JOHN BIGGS
    Published: November 5, 2008

Fans of Nintendo’s Wii gaming system are mostly drawn to the console’s Wiimotes, a set of controllers that translate physical motion — slashing, jabbing, swinging — into on-screen action. Unfortunately, games involving guns and not golf clubs often get short shrift. The Rumble Blaster, however, turns your entire Wii controller into a two-handed gun system with realistic rumble action.
    Skip to next paragraph
    Enlarge This Image

Related
    All Video Game Coverage

The kit snaps onto the Wii’s remote control and “nunchuck” control and can be used separately as two pistols or together as a riflelike combination. An LED lights up when you fire, and the controller is compatible with most Wii shooting games, including Ghost Squad and Target: Terror. In fact, because the kit allows you to access most of the controller buttons when connected, it is compatible with almost any game that involves running and gunning down ghouls, zombies or enemy ninjas. The attachment costs $29.99 and will be available in stores this month. Marksmanship skills not included. JOHN BIGGS
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I've had one for my Wii for a year now, its pretty fun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This is what my boys want.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by seedoubleyou View Post
    This is what my boys want.
    I have two of those. I glued a front sight onto the orange retention lever, without it, it's impossible to aim on some games like ghost squad. It's great other than that though.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I could probably afford that, but couldn't afford a Wii even if I wanted one.

I think they should mount a light, laser, and red dot and paint it black to make it "tactical". They'd probably sell more then. In fact they should rename it and call it the Tactical Adaptor. Evidently they need to hire me to do their marketing, becuase everyboy knows that if it ain't "tactical" these days it just ain't good enough. lol
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

We have a Wii, but only the basic game and Wii fit, what is a good shooter game for it?
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I have Ghost Squad

House of the Dead II & III

Resident Evil IV

If you want something that remotely (and I emphasize, remotely - by a stretch) translates into shooting skills then I'd say go for Ghost Squad. For gameplay, REIV. House of the Dead is O-K.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Links