Creating a new forum

Creating a new forum

This is a discussion on Creating a new forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a note to let you all know that I have registered a new domain name. It will be called customcarry.com. The way that it ...

Thread: Creating a new forum

Creating a new forum

Just a note to let you all know that I have registered a new domain name. It will be called customcarry.com. The way that it will be different is to allow discussion of custom carry guns specifically. There are plenty of forums out there but this will be a "ask a gunsmith" type of website. And I want it to cover all of the major or popular carry guns from 1911s to Glocks. Yes there are plenty of forums out there for each type of gun but none that specifically cater to defensive customs. I am looking for input. Let me know what kinds of topics you would like to discuss and how to integrate that site with this site. I don't want to take anything away from this site and will still participate here, just want to see if there is enough specific interest in a site dedicated to just cusom carry guns. It is your forum and want to do it in conjunction with this site and with it's blessing. Let me know what you think

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

To be successful I think you would need to narrow the focus, "ask a gunsmith" is a great idea. However, involving any manufacturer? how many knowledgeable smiths do you have to answer questions?..... I was going to pass on this but I now have 200 posts!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I couldn't guess on what the demand would be. Seems to me from what I read is that most carry guns are stock with night sights and maybe a laser. There is a lot of custom work and desire for it but my impression is most are not using them for CC. I'm sure several will now chime in to say that they carry their custom piece. Good luck and let us know when you live with it.

DC Founder
    Although, establishing a new forum is tough to do, I wish you luck. Keep in mind that running a forum is a lot of work and will cost way more than you expect it to. With the narrow focus I guess you could pull it off without negatively affecting your gunsmithing, but should still be one of your big concerns. As far as integration here with this forum, Jess, I'm not sure how that could happen. We're pretty independent....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Wish you the best of luck.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Links