New meaning to "Double Tap"

This is a discussion on New meaning to "Double Tap" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by rocky Ever seen the guy American shooter ,rapid firing a SA colt (or replica) ? he can fire faster than a 2 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New meaning to "Double Tap"

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Ever seen the guy American shooter ,rapid firing a SA colt (or replica) ? he can fire faster than a 2 hand trigger rattle on a 1911.
    You're talking about Bob Munden, and yes, the guy is amazing. I had the opportunity to see him in person about 13 years ago and was totally in awe at his speed. Here's a few of his records, and a link to his site. Y'all should take a look, the guy is unreal.

Walk and Draw Level Event: Fastest Time Ever Recorded: .15 hundredths of one second - Arcadia, CA 06/04/1972.

Standing Reaction Balloon Event: Fastest Time Ever Recorded: .16 hundredths of one second - Norwalk, CA 01/21/1973.

Total of Five Separate Shots, Standing Reaction Balloons: 1 and .06 hundredths of one second - Arizona State Championships, 1966.

Self-Start: Fastest Time: .0175 hundredths of one second - Guinness Book of World Records Museum, New York, 1976. This time is less than one half, of one half, of one tenth, of one second. Bob has been recognized by the Guinness Book as: "Fastest Gun" "Quickest Draw" and "The Fastest Man With A Gun Ever Alive."
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    You're talking about Bob Munden, and yes, the guy is amazing. I had the opportunity to see him in person about 13 years ago and was totally in awe at his speed. Here's a few of his records, and a link to his site. Y'all should take a look, the guy is unreal.

Walk and Draw Level Event: Fastest Time Ever Recorded: .15 hundredths of one second - Arcadia, CA 06/04/1972.

Standing Reaction Balloon Event: Fastest Time Ever Recorded: .16 hundredths of one second - Norwalk, CA 01/21/1973.

Total of Five Separate Shots, Standing Reaction Balloons: 1 and .06 hundredths of one second - Arizona State Championships, 1966.

Self-Start: Fastest Time: .0175 hundredths of one second - Guinness Book of World Records Museum, New York, 1976. This time is less than one half, of one half, of one tenth, of one second. Bob has been recognized by the Guinness Book as: "Fastest Gun" "Quickest Draw" and "The Fastest Man With A Gun Ever Alive."
    Oh yeah?
    I'm still a legend in my own mind!
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    You're talking about Bob Munden, and yes, the guy is amazing. Self-Start: Fastest Time: .0175 hundredths of one second - Guinness Book of World Records Museum, New York, 1976. This time is less than one half, of one half, of one tenth, of one second.
    I've had the opportunity to meet both Bob Munden and Jerry Miculek and let me say without prejudice or intended insult. They are both "Freaks of Nature."

Munden's record of .0175 hundredths of a second is over 6 times faster than you can blink your eye. I've read that it takes .12 to blink.

He has to draw a single action colt, cock the hammer and hit a target 8 feet away. And he does it 6 times faster than an eye blink.
    I have also seen him fire 6 shots out of a Single Action Army faster than it can be done with a 1911.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79
    That's nothing, watch this finger action...
    He's so fast, it looked like his finger wasn't even moving!

Assistant Administrator
    Some real quick IDPA stuff for your delectation.

This guy has be using a RACE GUN!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links