Tough Woman

This is a discussion on Tough Woman within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All I can say is wow. Arizona jogger runs a mile to her car after aggressive rabid fox latches onto her arm -- dailypress.com Arizona ...

Thread: Tough Woman

Tough Woman

All I can say is wow.

Arizona jogger runs a mile to her car after aggressive rabid fox latches onto her arm -- dailypress.com
    Arizona jogger runs a mile to her car after aggressive rabid fox latches onto her arm
    By Associated Press
    1:23 AM EST, November 6, 2008
    PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) _ Authorities in Arizona say a jogger attacked by a rabid fox ran a mile with the animal's jaws clamped on her arm and then drove herself to a hospital. The Yavapai County sheriff's office said the woman told deputies she was on a trail near Prescott on Monday when the fox attacked and bit her foot.

She said she grabbed the fox by the neck when it went for her leg but it bit her arm.

The woman wanted the animal tested for rabies so she ran a mile to her car with the fox still biting her arm, then pried it off and tossed it in her trunk and drove to the Prescott hospital.

The sheriff's office says the fox later bit an animal control officer. He and the woman are both receiving rabies vaccinations.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Boy, I'll say she's tough. Not sure what I would have done. Probably broken the foxes wind pipe and choked it to death, removed it from my arm and then still taken it with me to the hospital.

Pretty incredible story to say the least. The rabies vaccination is tough in itself.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Boy, I'll say she's tough. Not sure what I would have done. Probably broken the foxes wind pipe and choked it to death, removed it from my arm and then still taken it with me to the hospital. Pretty incredible story to say the least. The rabies vaccination is tough in itself.
    That's my planned response for a dog attack in which I am not armed or am unable to get to my ever-present folder.
    Don't know if it would work, but ya gotta have a plan! Better offer your arm to be bit then your throat. I figure some of it comes down to just who is more determined to win and I am a very determined sort. Obviously this gal is DETERMINED! Wow!
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Sure like I believe that,some women will do anything to wear genuine fur even if it's still alive.
    Actually for a fox to attack a human there is a very good chance it was rabid,most foxes run the other way
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

She is tough and smart...

To bad she has to go through those painful treatments.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sure like I believe that,some women will do anything to wear genuine fur even if it's still alive.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 10th, 2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

I showed that to my wife as an example of why one should always carry - cuz you never know.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    ...The rabies vaccination is tough in itself...
    Yesteryear's rabies vaccine did credit to the Inquisition; my dad went through the old duck series (a couple of dozen shots around the stomach area) and a half-century later would shudder when the subject was mentioned.

Today's series is about as mild as any immunization: a shot into the wound area isn't fun, of course, but then you only have three into the arm. Since it is made using human cell cultures now instead of duck eggs, there are almost no reactions.

Beats the heck out of rabies - I believe two in the history of the world have survived, and those may still have residual effects. Roughly the most horrible way to die I've heard of. Not something to play around with: be VERY wary of any bats and raccoons, too. Unless you live in UK (or possibly Hawaii) where the virus is not circulating in the wild.

Links