Need reference... Bible & submitting to gov authority re guns

This is a discussion on Need reference... Bible & submitting to gov authority re guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Done some searching, but nothing found. I have read the article, but I cannot find it. Basically it gives a justification for not obeying the ...

Thread: Need reference... Bible & submitting to gov authority re guns

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Done some searching, but nothing found.

I have read the article, but I cannot find it. Basically it gives a justification for not obeying the government if they ban guns, something about the government being illegitimate if they violate the 2A so laws not valid for Christians.

Anybody got a link?

Thanks...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

wpk
    That's in the Bible? Man, I'm gonna have to reread that.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

It's not in the Bible, but you will find a lot of references to taking up arms, and protecting your family and country, you will also find "render unto Ceasar that what is Ceasars and unto God that what is God's".

As Christians we also march to a higher authority and accountability then that of man.
    Last edited by Ridgeline; November 10th, 2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: <sp>
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. (Romans 13)

It's uncomfortable for me sometimes too!
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

JD
    Administrator
    I guess I missed that part.

"Thou shalt not give up thy guns"

Where was that?

Forum Rules

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we generally discourage these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    On a side note, the Bible states that you should obey the Government that is over you, and the general consensus is that you should do so until they try force you to sin. I don't recall any thing specifically related to disobeying the Government re: the banning of arms.

Sponsored Links