Just need to vent a bit at Midway

This is a discussion on Just need to vent a bit at Midway within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No I'm not buying into the obama AR hype. I've been sitting on a Spikes upper just waiting for the right upper to come along. ...

Thread: Just need to vent a bit at Midway

No I'm not buying into the obama AR hype. I've been sitting on a Spikes upper just waiting for the right upper to come along. Thought I found it last night at Midway. Sabre Defense M5, 14.5 with the attached flash hider (I like loud guns) full length rails, front and rear Yankee hill flip up sights, all the good stuff. Not to mention Sabre is in town, so if I have a problem I can actually go to the factory
    Showed in stock, ready to ship so I pulled the trigger, even paid for 2 day shipping so I could put it all together and take the "Infidel" to the range.
    Now..it shows "processing" with no ship date and the product page shows backorder to 26 Nov
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    FWIW Don't blame Midway. Blame the idiot that started this mess. Someone, somewhere, walked into a shop and announced that since Hussien was gonna be prez, I'm gonna buy everything in a panic. Then the dealer saw that, told his 10 friends and they had a panic attack. Another guy saw the 11 dealers going nuts and they told 10 of their friends about what he saw. And on and on and on and on. Pretty soon, most everyone in the country was running around, screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING".

One internet seller had x39 AK ammo, 1000, for $199 shipped the day before the election. 50 seperate boxes, which is 1000 rounds, is now selling for $498. All of the places I read on have notices up that they are out of everything and things they have will take 2 months to ship. The news said everything 2A was being bought up faster than normal. People saw that and screamed, "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING". Talk about keeping a low profile. Yes, it sucks right now.
    Last edited by mech1369dlw; November 11th, 2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: reword something
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

You have to joking?

VIP Member
    Midway must be swamped. I placed an order for bullet casting stuff and when I went to the check out some 20 minutes later, the website indicated that one of the items was in backorder. I went ahead and ordered because I said "OK, my bad for waiting." and took the extra mailing charge. The next day i got the shipping notification for BOTH items sent the same day with a couple of hours difference! I emailed Midway and politely explained that if both shipments were out the door that close it should mean that there was actually no backorder. Midway admitted the booboo and refunded me the money... actually they gave me a credit which they know I will use anyways....hehehehe
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I wouldn't be hacked off if their system would have marked the order "backordered" before I ordered it. I should have known the ONLY upper from Sabre they showed stock on would be the one I wanted...too good to be true.
    The odd part is my order is still showing "processing" not backordered yet...perhaps there's hope...although slim.
    I found a Magpul PRS stock for my DPMS .308 that showed the same in stock...only one they showed. Ordered it today, got shipping notification tonight.

That was probably the extent of my luck
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Links