Mad Human Rights Laws (UK)

Mad Human Rights Laws (UK)

This is a discussion on Mad Human Rights Laws (UK) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When your new Pres starts talking "uman rights etc, re-read the story below... you just cannot make this stuff up! This story is in the ...

Thread: Mad Human Rights Laws (UK)

Thumbs down Mad Human Rights Laws (UK)

When your new Pres starts talking "uman rights etc, re-read the story below... you just cannot make this stuff up!
    This story is in the Daily Mail today (a fairly right wing paper that tells it like it is)
    link Serious criminals cannot be named and shamed because it could 'infringe their human rights' | Mail Online

But wait!!! There is more.... Now the word British is being compared to the offensive "N" word

Council ranks term 'British' with 'negroes' and bans it in case it upsets Scots, Welsh and minorities | Mail Online

Britain's equivalent of the FBI has been banned from naming and shaming gangsters because it could infringe their human rights.
    The Serious Organised Crime Agency, established to tackle drug gangs, people traffickers and criminal 'Mr Bigs', wanted to publicise details of convicted criminals to make it harder for them to reoffend.
    But the plan has been shelved after the agency's lawyers warned that making their names public could infringe their right to privacy, under Article Eight of Labour's Human Rights Act.
    Soca's legal experts said the only exception was when the offenders' details had already been publicised by the media, because a journalist was in court when the case was heard.

This is despite the fact that courts are supposed to deliver open and transparent justice - regardless of whether the Press is present.
    The advice relates to 41 criminals who have had 'financial reporting orders' imposed on them by the courts following Soca investigations.

These orders require criminals to provide authorities with full details of their financial activities on a regular basis and are intended to help police detect suspicious transactions.
    Soca wanted to publicise the names so that the public could inform the police if they suspected that they were engaged in undeclared illicit activity.
    But lawyers refused, citing the precedent set by a case in 2003 when Essex Police wanted to publicise the picture of a serial burglar. The force was told it would breach the convict's right to privacy.
    Critics said the Human Rights Act was hindering the fight against crime.

The Tories said it had ' distorted priorities and benefited criminals at the expense of justice'.
    A Soca spokesman added: 'While we cannot name and shame individual recipients, we do have legal powers that mean we can share information to make sure FROs are enforced effectively.'

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT...ANOTHER INSIGHT INTO THE MAD MAD WORLD OF PC (that's political correct)

Tint Bob (UK)
    Can the last person leaving the UK please turn the lights off? we don't want to upset the "green's" do we??

Q: Just how far can you push the ?

A: Apparently, all the way over the cliff.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Britain's equivalent of the FBI has been banned from naming and shaming gangsters because it could infringe their human rights.
    I suppose stopping them delivers shame, eh? And that's verboten?

Yeah, well. You get what you get, then. Simple as that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Are you serious?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

wpk
    I didn't realize not being ashamed of criminal actions was a human right. I guess we learn something new every day.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Q: Just how far can you push the ?

A: Apparently, all the way over the cliff.
    You don't need to push them anymore, they jump off all by themselves.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    It is unfortunate that I will never get to visit the land of my ancestors.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I guess the "Most Wanted " list is out of the queation for you Brits, uh sorry, can't use that phrase How about for those people who drive on the wrong side of the road accross the pond ? :)
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Sponsored Links