Im in shock

Im in shock

This is a discussion on Im in shock within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NBC12 News, Weather Sports, Traffic, and Programming Guide for Richmond, VA | BB&T robbery in Chesterfield That man pictured above robbing the bank? Yeah. I ...

Thread: Im in shock

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Im in shock

NBC12 News, Weather Sports, Traffic, and Programming Guide for Richmond, VA | BB&T robbery in Chesterfield

That man pictured above robbing the bank? Yeah. I worked with him for about a full year, side by side, everyday. I just got sent that by another coworker that worked with us. His mom turned him in. He was one of those guys that everybody that worked with him, loved him.

VIP Member
    It is sad to hear some one You know has gone the other way. Hopefully this chap will get back on track.

Administrator
    Even bank robbers have friends.

My best friend growing up was wanted for murder for a short time, he's been in prison almost 20 years now. Good people to stupid things sometimes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I once read that most bank robbers spent less then 15 minutes planning the robbery, and usually do so in direct response to a financial crisis. With the economy down the tube, and many people getting eviction letters, be ready for more of this.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

You never know, do you? You can't help but wonder what put him over the edge right? I hope you don't loose any sleep over it. Really.

I know someone who is now in prison for a murder he committed. It's kind of an odd feeling when you trust someone and something like that happens
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Wow, that must be a weird feeling...

-Jeff-

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You never know, do you? You can't help but wonder what put him over the edge right? I hope you don't loose any sleep over it. Really.
    Yeah, thats the biggest wonder going through my head. Guy had some intelligence, no doubt about it, and I suppose thats why its more bothersome? If I knew he was a complete idiot, it wouldn't really shock, surprise or bother me. Its not like he was a friend ,just someone I really liked working with.

Thanks for the replies, lol some stuff said helped put things into perspetive.

I grew up with a guy who later in life raped and killed a young lady. Imagine my shock and surprise when I learned of this while watching a who-dun-it on tv and he was the featured criminal!
    "Brains before Bullets"

This is exactly why you need a plan to kill everyone you meet...it's not to plan violence, but to avoid it.

People to strange things all the time!

Stay armed...make your plans...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; November 14th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This is exactly why you need a plan to kill everyone you meet...it's not to plan violence, but to avoid it.

People to strange things all the time!

Stay armed...make your plans...stay safe!
    When I got my Pysch eval for Drill Sergeant school (years ago), the doc asked me what I liked to do for fun. I told him I like to walk around in the malls. He asked my why. I told him I like to walk around and look at all the people in there and think of different ways to kill them...

My Eval came back with "APPROVED for DS" methodical planner and will do great as a DS!!!

So much for my attempt to get out of Drill Sergeant School

Ahhhhhh well.... It was worth a try
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

My next door neighbor and friend was killed with an AK-47 by another guy we went to school with a couple years after High School.......

Sadly everyone kind of knew the guy was a little "off" but no one really expected this. Some odd things happened (which I will not go into) at a party one night and he grabbed his AK-47 from his closet and shot him dead right there at the party.

It's crazy when it hits close to home, but it's more crazy that almost everyone I know has been far too close to a violent crime......

My best friend growing up worked at a Shop-Rite in High School.... one day he walked out to a scene he could not comprehend.... a man who had just purposely ran over his wife and 6 year old kid, then the guy jumped out of the car and stabbed the wife 30 times in front of shoppers on a Saturday afternoon. My uncle happened to be there as well and was one of the several men who tackled the stabber but it was too late to save the wife.....

And this was many years ago....the World has not gotten less violent....

I worked with one of the Texas 7. His name was Larry Harper. I say was because he committed suicide once they had them surrounded. He was in jail for aggravated rape and was probably never gonna see freedom ever again. When he was jailed everyone couldnt believe it. When he escaped it was the talk of the shop!
    Be aware of everyone around you. You never know what's lurking in the minds of other people. The quiet ones are the most dangerous!

Links