When I bought my ak-47

When I bought my ak-47

This is a discussion on When I bought my ak-47 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thought this was pretty good of these guys. I purchased my AK at the Phoenix gun show from a gun dealer that is located in ...

When I bought my ak-47

Thought this was pretty good of these guys. I purchased my AK at the Phoenix gun show from a gun dealer that is located in Prescott. Filled out the Federal paper work, they did the Background check handed me the AK47 plus the federal paperwork. I really did not look at the paperwork given to me, thought it was just my receipt. Got a call the next day, they were frantic and wanted to pick up the paperwork. They drove from Prescott AZ to Phoenix, I gave them the paper work and they gave me 2 50 round mags for the AK,

Lucky me and I guess Lucky them

"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Don't mention the name of the dealer while telling this story...they might find their FFL mysteriously canceled...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Congrats!

-Jeff-

Administrator
    Yup, a copy of the 4473 going out the door is a big deal. The two magazines and drive time is nothing to fix that mistake.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yup, a copy of the 4473 going out the door is a big deal. The two magazines and drive time is nothing to fix that mistake.
    Wow! Yeah...no kidding. They must have been pre-occupied as you walked off with the paperwork. How did they actually track you down?

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Wow! Yeah...no kidding. They must have been pre-occupied as you walked off with the paperwork. How did they actually track you down?
    Credit card maybe?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    They had the copy of the receipt. I didn't understand the urgency of this, I told them I would fed-Ex the copy to them, but insited on getting it that day.

I just wondered if I refused to hand over the paperwork what would happen, I guess they would take me to court. I did not think I would get anything out of it, I was glad to get the 2 50rnd clips

They actually handed my receipt and the paperwork, I never even looked at what they handed me. I just filed it awat in my desk
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Links