Allied Barton?

Allied Barton?

This is a discussion on Allied Barton? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Interviewing for employment with this company. Until now - they haven't had a presence in my area - new contract for them. Anyone here work ...

Thread: Allied Barton?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Allied Barton?

Interviewing for employment with this company. Until now - they haven't had a presence in my area - new contract for them.
    Anyone here work for them - know someone who does - Comments about the company?

Security Officer Services - AlliedBarton

Thanks...
    For God, Family and Country!

I work security for a company who is contracted by a Govt. contractor. Allied Barton worked for another company that shares the campus we are on. I found that their training was very sub-par. I do training for our company, and our basic information handed out seems to be so far over their heads. As of 1 November, they were replaced on the contract. Their pay may have had something to do with the officer's attitude. I was told that once the gate officer was tested, and let a person through the gate when the picture on their badge was a german shepard.
    I suggest that if you can find in your inner self the will to inflict violence on someone who is trying to victimize you, and can back up that iron will with all the force that you can muster, you will most likely be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by inman View Post
    I work security for a company who is contracted by a Govt. contractor. Allied Barton worked for another company that shares the campus we are on. I found that their training was very sub-par. I do training for our company, and our basic information handed out seems to be so far over their heads. As of 1 November, they were replaced on the contract. Their pay may have had something to do with the officer's attitude. I was told that once the gate officer was tested, and let a person through the gate when the picture on their badge was a german shepard.
    I work for AlliedBarton and I have a contract that prohibits me from disparaging the company. So I'll only give you the positive aspects.

Their paychecks are timely.

P.M. me if you're interested in details.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Earlier this year I attended the Allied-Barton Basic Orientation and the Non-Physical Conflict Resolution classes in my area for an armed position at a local hospital. About half way through the first morning I began to lose interest in the company when they told us that we were only to be trained observers. The actual example they used was if a woman was being raped in the hospital parking lot and we saw it happening we were to observe and report only! In other words we were to stand out of the way and allow the assault to continue while we took notes that could be used to possible convict later.

The second day they taught us that if a mentally disturbed person attacked us and happened to be biting us, with jaws locked we were to speak softly and tickle his/her nose in hopes they would let go. The company policy called for us to lock our weapons in a cabinet before we approached any violent situation to reduce the chances that there could possibly be legal repercussions caused by a bad guy suing after the fact.

Although I really needed the job I made the decision to terminate my employment before I was placed on the schedule.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    Earlier this year I attended the Allied-Barton Basic Orientation and the Non-Physical Conflict Resolution classes in my area for an armed position at a local hospital. About half way through the first morning I began to lose interest in the company when they told us that we were only to be trained observers. The actual example they used was if a woman was being raped in the hospital parking lot and we saw it happening we were to observe and report only! In other words we were to stand out of the way and allow the assault to continue while we took notes that could be used to possible convict later.

The second day they taught us that if a mentally disturbed person attacked us and happened to be biting us, with jaws locked we were to speak softly and tickle his/her nose in hopes they would let go. The company policy called for us to lock our weapons in a cabinet before we approached any violent situation to reduce the chances that there could possibly be legal repercussions caused by a bad guy suing after the fact.

Although I really needed the job I made the decision to terminate my employment before I was placed on the schedule.
    This is the norm with just about any security guard outfit. You are just that, "observers". Most of them are nothing more than a dog and pony show, and most of them poor ones at that.
    The investment in training etc. to be more than that just isnt feasable for most of these companies given the billing rates and the rates they pay out to the guards. It is what it is.

If you act beyond the scope of what you were trained to do by the company, your hanging your own neck out there.

On to the OP's question... Most of the big name security companies are pretty much a joke. Most of the guards are temps with little to n training. Now, I have met some really good guards before, and they are the cream of the crop few and far between. None have been with AB. They tend to get the good assignments, but like anything else, you have to prove yourself and your worth first.

Good luck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    At present I'm a Campus Police Officer for a hospital. When called to the mental floor we had to lock up our weapons before entering the area.
    For God, Family and Country!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    At present I'm a Campus Police Officer for a hospital. When called to the mental floor we had to lock up our weapons before entering the area.
    Thats the SOP for the mental wards around the country. Same is true when entering a jail or any other secure building.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links