Anyone Hunting in NY Tomorrow?

This is a discussion on Anyone Hunting in NY Tomorrow? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just packed my lunch and I have to pack my bag for opening day tomorrow. I'm usually pretty psyched for opening day, but it ...

Thread: Anyone Hunting in NY Tomorrow?

Anyone Hunting in NY Tomorrow?

I just packed my lunch and I have to pack my bag for opening day tomorrow. I'm usually pretty psyched for opening day, but it is going to be pouring rain and 47 - 64 tomorrow. There probably won't be too many deer moving around tomorrow if it is that warm.

I wish it was clear and 20 deg, that would be much better. Oh well, I should be able to get out at least another 4 or 5 times during the season.

Good luck to all you NY hunters. Unless your stand is near mine
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Good luck. Hope you fill your freezer on the first day.

bosco

Good Luck! I wont be going out tommorow. I havent been out in almost three years! Its a shame too considering my father had bought me the lifetime sportsmans license $$$

What a horrible day. I had on rain gear and still got soaked. I sat in my stand for about 5 1/2 hours without seeing suat. I start to walk back down the mountain and I slipped on some wet leaves over a rock and smacked my left knee pretty hard on the same rock. At the same time my right hand went down pretty hard with my Remington 710. I hit it so hard that the scope must be off. I may have to go with my Ruger .357 tomorrow.

So I sat on the ground for about 5 minutes rubbing mt knee. Now I get up and start to exit the woods...(here is the kicker)...and a beautiful 6 pointer, big body, wide spread that came back around and almost touched in the front.....comes running across my path at full speed. I obviously couldn't take a humane shot. Normally I would have stayed and tried to find him. But my knee was throbbing and I was soaked. So I went home iced my knee, dried my boots and ran a patch through my 710 which actaully had some mud in the barrel from my fall.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Moma never said it would be like this. Better Luck next time.

I to spent the entire day out only saw 2 and had to get up and get them up to see them not many people out , most that were were gone by 10. At least it was warm for us wet hunters I'll be drying stuff for a week
    The Democwats hate Consewvatives and want to Ewiminate ouw Fweedoms Dang Wabbits

Oklahoma rifle won't start till Nov 22. I'm ready and rearin' to go. Good luck to all the hunters. Remember, BE SAFE!!!
    God Bless America!!

NY27, Where abouts are you from? I'm just a ways off exit 28, pm me if you want.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    NY27, Where abouts are you from? I'm just a ways off exit 28, pm me if you want.
    I hunt in Ulster County. I'm originally from Westchester. Are you exit 28 of off I87?
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Just be careful out there. There was an accidental shooting in Sullivan County just a few days ago.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Just be careful out there. There was an accidental shooting in Sullivan County just a few days ago.
    I just heard about that. I always hunt way more than 500 feet from a house. I also make sure that I hunt in an area where if I miss, I'm hitting nothing but dirt. I have passed up shots in the past because the deer was on top of a ridge.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I just heard about that. I always hunt way more than 500 feet from a house. I also make sure that I hunt in an area where if I miss, I'm hitting nothing but dirt. I have passed up shots in the past because the deer was on top of a ridge.
    I'm not a hunter, but I do take walks out there in the Catskills. It's nice to hear from responsible hunters like yourself!

Stay safe.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Links