Thanks to all at DEFENSIVE CARRY !!!!

This is a discussion on Thanks to all at DEFENSIVE CARRY !!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After getting feedback from this forum, the NRA, several of the local LE departments and the NASR I am going ahead with plans to build ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all at DEFENSIVE CARRY !!!!

Thanks to all at DEFENSIVE CARRY !!!!

After getting feedback from this forum, the NRA, several of the local LE departments and the NASR I am going ahead with plans to build a 50 foot indoor pistol range that will be open to the public.

I have met with my partners and after a grilling by an accountant who acted as Devil's advocate (recommended by our lawyer) came out with a positive report on our business plans.

Now in the land acquisition stage we are choosing between two sites. One has the best possible location and a higher property tax the other is a little more out of the way but low taxes. I tend to feel the LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION cliche is correct and the best way to go.

The range can handle all handgun calibers up to and including .44mag. It can also be used for sub-machinegun training. For EPA and OSHA only jacketed or semi-jacketed ammo will be allowed. Shooters will be able to buy ammo anywhere they want but we will offer it at a price that is very competitive.

Total 100% fresh heated and airconditioned air will be supplied from behind the stations so the shooters are in a lead (and other junk) free enviornment.

We will have 12 stations (one wheelchair accessible) with motorized target systems.

In house classroom will offer classes in many disciplines including the course needed to apply for a pistol permit in NY. The classroom and the range will be made available to LE departments for training.

We plan on offering special coupons to local gun stores for range time with each pistol purchase.

God willing and if all things go well we may be ready in about 5 months.

ANY IDEAS OR FEEDBACK WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME..

Thanks to all at Defensive Carry

bosco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    How about discounts for all members?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

NRA and other organization members that are active in protecting the 2nd. will be given a discount...YES
    bosco

sounds very good! What about insurance? Did you get quotes? Also, for the range I am using, lead removal seems to be a major cost.

What about membership? Guest passes? One nice promo: Work with local gun shops to hand out free day passes for new gun owners.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Insurance is well covered.
    No membership needed, however there will be 5th visit free with 4 visit pass.
    All shooters will be guests (no membership) but reduced rate for second shooter in a station... eg.. Teaching someone how to shoot etc.(only one shooting at a time)

Lead/copper/etc scrap is washed (dust free) and collected in receptacles for recycling.
    bosco

Well, I'm in Upstate New York, and ready to come over!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Sounds like a great idea. Ammo at a reasonable cost will be your biggest step above other ranges. You also might consider contacting armed security companies in the area as another source of users.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Copper,

We will also be offering the 47 hour armed security course as well as the 8 hour annual in-service course.
    bosco

Ustate NY is a BIG place.....what part?

In the Schenectady area. (not downtown)
    bosco

Administrator
    Neato. You'll find out if you havent already, opening a range is a huge undertaking. There is a lot more work to it than one would know until you do it.

Dont skimp on the air circulation/filteration!
    "Just blame Sixto"

""opening a range is a huge undertaking""

+100 It certainly is... LOL

Ventilation is one of the most important issues that is being addressed.

Using an air/air exchanger system to capture both the heat and the cooling that has to be generated. This will provide 100% fresh air coming into the range at all times with a slight positive pressure in the range.
    bosco

Administrator
    Good deal. I've seen a few people discount the need for good air exchange and ended up being their downfall before they even got started.

Nows a good time to build too. Good luck, if I ever head up that way, I'd love to check it out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Great idea and good luck! The more ranges in NY the better. But I think a location in the Poughkeepsie/Wappingers Falls area would be best!

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    How about discounts for all members?
    You plan to drive there from Oregon? LOL! I only have one aunt lives in NYC, and some cousins that live in Joisey. But if I'm ever up that way.............Oh yeah, another aunt in E.Greenbush! Never know.
    Sounds like you've got a plan there. That's cool.....looking to the future, I hope you make out okay with things. Hope folks continue to shoot and practice, and things remain affordable for them to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links