Chantilly, VA gunshow GTG?

This is a discussion on Chantilly, VA gunshow GTG? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody interested in getting up for the the Chantilly gun show next weekend (21-23 Nov.)? The Nation's Gun Show > Home It's a big show, ...

Anybody interested in getting up for the the Chantilly gun show next weekend (21-23 Nov.)?
    The Nation's Gun Show > Home

It's a big show, we could meet up early Saturday for breakfast and then maybe hit the NRA range after lunch/early dinner? I've heard the NRA facility is nice, I think members get in to the range and museum for reduced rates.

Would Hampton Roads members want to carpool and head up there or meet up with other members closer to Richmond maybe?

I think this is the correct forum for this, but I apologise to the mods if it is not.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Nobody, huh?
    -Horace

i'm actually planning on going. I live about 10 minutes from the NRA range and we are in the process of planning a breakfast meet before the show. there's a post about it on opencarry.org under the virginia section.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I plan on going Friday after work, in the hopes I can buy some ammo and 30-rd AR mags before they sell out.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I'm planning to go also, most likely dragging along my little brother on saturday. I've never been to the NRA range...we're members at Blue Ridge Arsenal.

It would be fun to meet some new people, but I'd have to warn you that we're really just a couple of kids

Well, okay, I'm 26, but I get the feeling that the average age on this forum is about 40.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member
    Unfortunately I have to work this weekend.

Well, okay, I'm 26, but I get the feeling that the average age on this forum is about 40.
    I'm getting to the point I don't even remember being 40!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I'm planning to go also, most likely dragging along my little brother on saturday. I've never been to the NRA range...we're members at Blue Ridge Arsenal.

It would be fun to meet some new people, but I'd have to warn you that we're really just a couple of kids

You're more than a year older than I. However, there are two things I have learned which apply to most:
    1. Men are "adults" in the presence of women, we're still 12 or younger when we're with "the guys",
    2. Once an adult, twice a child.

Last month, I sold my two 12" subwoofers and an 800 W amp to a 49 year-old guy because he wants "to out-bass the thugs when he drives through the ghetto". He's got 1400 W worth of amplification running through his '98 Camry and the bandpass box I sold him takes up more than half the trunk.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    That's true. On the other side of the coin, there are probably people on this forum who are significantly younger than I but who have served multiple tours in Iraq/Afghanistan, been married and have kids, etc. Even though they are younger, they would likely have a million times as much experience as I do in most things.

I think it's probably best if I think of myself as the young'n
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I'm getting to the show before 0800 if anybody wants to meet up there. I'll be wearing a "DC.com" nametag and might be carrying around some pistols.
    -Horace

Links