Help for my nine year old nephew

This is a discussion on Help for my nine year old nephew within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To everyone reading this. As some of you know my nephew Jonathan Kerr has been battling liver cancer for the last two years (he is ...

Thread: Help for my nine year old nephew

Help for my nine year old nephew

To everyone reading this. As some of you know my nephew Jonathan Kerr has been battling liver cancer for the last two years (he is 9 years old now). He has endured a great deal of chemotherapy and surgery to make it this far. Unfortunately his insurance is now refusing to pay for a new treatment that might cure him. There are programs, which can fund his treatment, even if insurance will not pay, but it can take years to get through all the red tape. It has been recommended to Jonathans family to have everyone send an e-mail to support him and encourage the hospital to go ahead with the treatment using their funds raised by various charitable donations. Please send an email to this address and we are told that the hospital will reply to each one sent.

http://www.choa.org/default.aspx?id=1546

A “form letter” template:

We are writing on behalf of Jonathan D. Kerr, a nine-year-old cancer patient at Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital. His insurance company despite the possibility it might save his live has repeatedly denied the treatment recommend by his oncologist. We implore you to use whatever funds necessary in order to provide the best possible treatment for this little boy.

Signed,

Friends, Family, and Prayer Partners

<Sign your name>
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child might have peace."
    - Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    To some of you this may seem like spam, but it's not. Randyb has been a member of the forum for over a year now and the boy referenced in this post is his nephew. While these types of solicitations are normally not encouraged here, I am going to allow it this time.

If you want to do something, please do. If you don't, just hit the back button on your browser.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links