Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area.....

This is a discussion on Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know we have alot of AZ members here on the site, I was wondering if anyone here know of any jobs in the Phoenix ...

Thread: Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area.....

I know we have alot of AZ members here on the site, I was wondering if anyone here know of any jobs in the Phoenix metro area(prefferably east valley). I was laid off from my job in Utah along with 3/4 of the company and am trying to see this as a oppurtunity to move to AZ to be closer to my fiance. Ive done a lil bit of everything and I catch on and become proficient at new things very quickly. I also am fluent in spanish as well, Im hoping this will help out alot down there. The plan was to do my testing with mesa pd and they cancelled the Nov. and January test dates so it looks like Im waiting till March...... I can def. sympathize with some others that have talked about layoffs in recent months. Thanks so much everyone, yall are awesome!

Times are tough and getting tougher, everywhere. We wish you well in your search.
    Keep us posted.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Most PD's are desperate for new hires out here. Phoenix PD regularly does recruiting drives in Los Angeles. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Department is run by an egomaniac, and the county budget is WAY in the red. You do not want Mesa PD...there are way too many local politics involved, look at the community makeup and you'll find out what I mean. Since you're from Utah, it may hit close to home. Tempe is a great city to work for, and they are landlocked, so they won't be growing past their budgets. Just north is Scottsdale, another great city to work for. Of all the cities in the Phoenix area, Tempe and Scottsdale would be my choice. Neither have any slum areas to speak of. Besides Mesa, there is Chandler to the south, the newest illegal immigrant gathering spot, Phoenix to the west, a large city with huge crime problems (also mostly related to illegals), and the fast growing area of Queen Creek/Pinal County to the southeast, neither of which has an adequate budget. Spanish will be a huge asset. In fact, before I retired I got extra pay for being bilingual, and my Spanish wasn't that great. As far as the rest of the Valley goes, the farther west you go, the worse it gets.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I'll definitely look into some of the other depts around. I would be fine with tempe as I have seen that they are hiring but my fiance found some "stats" that show officers that have died in the line of duty and she said "im fine with you being a police officer but not in tempe" so me trying to avoid a huge argument agreed. I realize and so does she that it has potential to be dangerous anywhere but for some reason she put the axe on tempe and i promised.....so I guess ill be looking into Scottsdale and Chandler.

Yankeeman,

I am a manager for a company located in Chandler and we always hire -- depending on your set of skills...

Send me a PM and let's see if we can help.
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

I'd like to see those stats about Tempe. EVERY department has suffered losses, but Tempe is probably the safest city in the Valley. It is the smallest, so possibly she's seeing a percentage of fatalities. There are three major freeways that run through Tempe, and there have been several motor vehicle fatalities, but they have been State DPS Officers. That may be some of the stats she's seeing. The most action is around ASU..a huge portion of Tempe's population and action. I'm a retired LEO, and if I were to encourage one of my daughters to go into the field, Tempe would be the first agency I'd suggest.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Worked as a reserve Mesa officer many, many years ago. It's a great area but, as with all metropolitan areas, has it's problems. You may want to give the Maricopa Sheriff's Department a try. Sheriff Joe Arpaio is rather well known personality nation wide and a decent guy. Just in case you may be interested take a look at the following:

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Welcome to the Chandler Arizona Police Department Website

There are other smaller cities such as Gilbert you may want to consider also.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links