Happy Ammo Day!

This is a discussion on Happy Ammo Day! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That's right folks.....the 7th annual ammo day is under way! It is customary to buy yourself 100 rounds of your favorite ammo today. I guess ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Ammo Day!

Happy Ammo Day!

That's right folks.....the 7th annual ammo day is under way! It is customary to buy yourself 100 rounds of your favorite ammo today. I guess reloaders can buy brass or whatever?
    National Ammo Day - About

2. Remove Ads

Well, I have to go to Walmart this morning anyhow, might as well grab a box or two and feed my addiction.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Woohoo! I had no idea. How funny, I was planning on going to the gun store at lunch.

Coincidence? I think not.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I do need a box of 380 and 357sig ball ammo
    Thanks for reminding me
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

VIP Member
    Yikes! I am low on ammo for my IDPA match of Saturday.... Gotta reload!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I've bought a bunch this month...enough for 100 ammo days......but one can never have too much.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    A good "excuse" to get some EBG* ammo.

*Evil Black Gun
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Somehow I don't think anyone on this forum needs an excuse to buy ammo. Do we?
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Does it count that I ordered a few thousand pieces of lead last night, and some other stuff from Midway?

I guess if not I can stop by Wally World and pick up some WWB just in case. Was planning on doing that last night too, but didn't get my rear out the door. I guess I will go with another purchase today also. Can't be too prepared can we.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Guess I will just have to brave the cold and head on out to the garage/loading room.

Well, after my range visit, I just went to Wally World and got 15 Winchester 12ga slugs, and a box of 45acp BlazerBrass. I might be a cheap azz this go 'round, but it's my third ammo purchase this week! Now I remember what I forgot to get..........baloney and cheese for this weeks meals! LOL! Now I'm wondering if I'll have enough gas money to get back and forth to work the next four days. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, after my range visit, I just went to Wally World and got 15 Winchester 12ga slugs, and a box of 45acp BlazerBrass. I might be a cheap azz this go 'round, but it's my third ammo purchase this week! Now I remember what I forgot to get..........baloney and cheese for this weeks meals! LOL! Now I'm wondering if I'll have enough gas money to get back and forth to work the next four days. Hmmmm.
    You can afford baloney! I had to wait in line for some government cheese. At least I have my dignity, I still haven't drank any kool-aid.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Picked up a couple hundred rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm at Wal-Mart today @ $9/box.

Since Ram Rod had to mention that it was national ammo day, I forced myself to go to wally world and pick up 400 rds of wwb 9mm.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't want to go against the grain.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Well I went today and forgot the ammo dangit! I was so surprised that Gunmaster in Plano has no more AR15 in stick and don't expect any soon.

I guess I'll have to buy double tomorrow to make up for today's lapse.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links