Time Travel Where To? - Page 3

Time Travel Where To?

This is a discussion on Time Travel Where To? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd go back to the mid 1950's when most of the modern covieniences were in place, as far as electricity, refrigeration, etc, but the country ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'd go back to the mid 1950's when most of the modern covieniences were in place, as far as electricity, refrigeration, etc, but the country was not so crowded. The game bird hunting was probably at it's peak during that time and a guy could knock on any door and get permission to hunt. A man could work 40 hours a week, earn a real pension, and could afford to feed his kids while his wife was at home raising them.

The only drawback is that my kids would end up either getting shot at in Vietnam or turning into hippie war protesters. I would hope the former, but would not wish war on my children. Maybe I just wouldn't have any?

As far as a person I'd like to meet, there are so many. Patton, Chesty, Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall, .... I'd pick Jesus though. I can't imagine what that would be like, but I sure could get a lot of questions answered, in parable form of course.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I'd go to 1776 and pull aside Thomas Jefferson bring him up to speed on how the federal government has seized more and more power over the years and perverted the founders original vision of a limited government. I'm sure he'd be very interested to read through my copy of The Heritage Guide to the Constitution. Knowing what we know now, maybe they could have added some extra safeguards to keep their vision intact and keep big government out of our lives.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    I'd go to 1776 and pull aside Thomas Jefferson bring him up to speed on how the federal government has seized more and more power over the years and perverted the founders original vision of a limited government. I'm sure he'd be very interested to read through my copy of The Heritage Guide to the Constitution. Knowing what we know now, maybe they could have added some extra safeguards to keep their vision intact and keep big government out of our lives.
    Yes, I've thought the same thing. If anything I would have urged the framers to word the interstate commerce clause differently, and the second amendment too of course.

I'd also have added a part providing a method of secession...the ultimate check on federal power.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I'd go back to the time of Jesus so I could spend one day with him and walk the path he did. I'll get to do that anyway, but it would be a grand experience.
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd go back to the day before a huge Powerball drawing...
    I go to the one before the big win If I went before the night of the big win, I'd have to split it... so why not go one before?

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    If I could retain the knowledge I now have, I would go back to the day of my birth. LOTS of things I would do differently.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Oh, right. I'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned September 10, 2001.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    What would you do? I doubt anyone would believe you. The only thing would be to short sell the market.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What would you do? I doubt anyone would believe you. The only thing would be to short sell the market.
    This brings up an interesting thought, especially for me. I was actually flying my Cessna that day, over the Hudson River, about 90 miles north of NYC.

Had I known, I (in theory) could have tried to intercept at least one of the jets and cause it to crash short of the Trade Center. However, everyone would have thought that I was the terrorist, and they would have tried to stop me.

If you could go back, instead of worrying about 9/11, just go back further and kill Bin Laden and none of this mess would ever happen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links