Help me celebrate

This is a discussion on Help me celebrate within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, let's see.. If it takes approximately 2 minutes for each post, that's 20,000 minutes, or 333 hours, or almost two weeks of continuous typing, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me celebrate

Wow, let's see..

If it takes approximately 2 minutes for each post, that's 20,000 minutes, or 333 hours, or almost two weeks of continuous typing, 24 hours/day with no bathroom breaks.

Or, assuming that each post is roughly 100 words, and each word is approximately 6 letters, that's 6 million keystrokes.

Anyway, congratulations!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats SIXTO, what kind of gun did you buy to celebrate?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Congrats SIXTO, what kind of gun did you buy to celebrate?
    Huh... I hadn't thought about that

Truth be told, I'm running thin on cash right now. Some dirtbag hit my new car and took off, so I have to pay a deductible and a months worth of rental car, Christmas is coming up and overtime is scarce.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I spent about 25-30 hrs a week ... out buying/selling drugs, picking up prostitutes, buying stolen cars, getting hired to "murder" people and any other seedy crimes you can think of.
    I don't know.. I might have to hit you with an infraction for discussion of illegal activities.

And here I thought you were such a good guy. Tells you what kind of lies you can get away with when you have a secret internet identity...

Oh, and let's not forget all the time you spend on leave because you had something broken or were shot at or got in some kind of accident and had nothing to do but sit at home in front of your computer and keep us company.

Congrats on the post count. I actually have NO clue how many posts I have but it's not 10K, that's for sure.

Correction: I just looked.. 2,664.. I'm a newbie comparatively.

Wait a minute Sixto. I am going to have to get a gov. job I guess. You joined the site after me, and have about 8500 more posts than I do.

JonInNY's calculations don't even include the time it takes to read the posts before actually making a post yourself.

And my wife thinks I spend too much time on here. Boy does she have a lot to learn.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    That's a lot of time at the old keyboard!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Moderator
    Yo Sixto...

apparently someone forgot to tell you of the obligatory photograph that you are supposed to post when you reach 10,000 posts.

Its only fair you know. We have endured 10K posts while wondering what in the heck you looked like.

Now that you have cleaned up some and got rid of the filthy jeans with holes in the knees, the beer soaked shirts and the fact that you actually wash your hair more than once a month now, it only seems like the right thing to do.

So come on!
    Post a picture.

Inquiring minds want to see a face with the celebration!

oh...and BTW...

CONGRATS!
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    The first step is admitting you have a problem... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post

Oh, and let's not forget all the time you spend on leave because you had something broken or were shot at or got in some kind of accident and had nothing to do but sit at home in front of your computer and keep us company.
    Yup, I forgot to mention all that; I did spend two weeks here pretty much around the clock when I got a severe case of road rash at work; the story went like this;

My undercover team made a deal for a rather large amount of cocaine. I was not apart of this investigation, but I was the lead man on the take down/arrest team.
    Long story short, the BG tried to get away by running into my SUV at 40mph, I got ejected from the car and went bouncing across a parking lot. That hurt, but earned myself an extra paid vacation. I go for sentencing tomorrow for that incident.

About a month prior to that, I found myself in the middle of a shootout that was in the national media. I cant/wont comment any further, investigations are still pending on that one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Sealtbelts are your friend.

Yeah, yeah I know you dont want to hassel with them when you may have to jump out with the guns up, biut it does seem that those situations are when you need them the most.

We had an incident here much like yours awhile back. He was very lucky that he didnt get run over by another vehicle.

And dont ignore that picture request.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The first step is admitting you have a problem... :)
    Oh, I admit it. Like I said though, its research for my retirement.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yo Sixto...

apparently someone forgot to tell you of the obligatory photograph that you are supposed to post when you reach 10,000 posts.
    OK, here's what I look like coming through the door on a nasty no knock.

Attached Images
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sorry I am late to the party, congratulations are in order for you sir! I enjoyed reading a good deal of your posts and look forward to the next 10,000!
    God bless our troops!

Senior Moderator
    I go for sentencing tomorrow for that incident
    You're getting Sentenced for the prep hitting your car??????

Boy you must have really PO'd a judge
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK, here's what I look like coming through the door on a nasty no knock.
    OK, I'm freaked out. And I'll tell you what, you roll up behind me and flip on the lights I'm stopping (even if I am in the middle lane) and getting on the ground!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links