Guess who didn't get a presidential pardon?

This is a discussion on Guess who didn't get a presidential pardon? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So on the list of people that did get pardoned you will find drug dealers, embezzlers, and a food stamp stealer, but Ramos and Compean ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who didn't get a presidential pardon?

Guess who didn't get a presidential pardon?

So on the list of people that did get pardoned you will find drug dealers, embezzlers, and a food stamp stealer, but Ramos and Compean are still rotting away...as well as the accidental machine-gun guy.

Someone help me understand, as it would appear I am too simple-minded for politics. Silly me, I'd rather pardon a guy who got screwed rather than drug dealers and thieves.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I agree. The only good thing about the Bush administration is his support of 2A. Ramos and Compean sitting in jail is such a travesty of justice, while the drug dealer was free and actually continued dealing drugs while the trial was going on!!!!!!!! I mean, it's virtually unbelievable.

And the "machine gun" incident, well, that's another simply incredible travesty.

Seems like common sense has left the courtroom. Perhaps it's outcomes like these that make a lot of people suspicious of government.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Silly me, I'd rather pardon a guy who got screwed rather than drug dealers and thieves.
    You answered your own question. See, CupCake, you have the same disease many of us have. You rely on common sense and reason.

These 2 things have no place in politics in this day and age, or the regular world for that matter.

Unfortunately, as I stated, it is apparently a disease for which the only 2 cures are a lobotomy or selling one's soul to a party line (either will work for this).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    You answered your own question. See, CupCake, you have the same disease many of us have. You rely on common sense and reason.

These 2 things have no place in politics in this day and age, or the regular world for that matter.

Unfortunately, as I stated, it is apparently a disease for which the only 2 cures are a lobotomy or selling one's soul to a party line (either will work for this).
    No, the only true cure is to allow nature to take its course. The only problem is that the creature known as man has become so intelligent that we've discovered so many medical miracles that we defy the laws of nature and defend those who would otherwise not survive. Were we to let nature take its course the world would effectively be free from these disease-ridden vermin...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Someone help me understand, as it would appear I am too simple-minded for politics. Silly me, I'd rather pardon a guy who got screwed rather than drug dealers and thieves.
    Sorry Cupcake- You are looking for rationale and reason in politics. These are mutually exclusive, and I fear they cannot be used in the same sentence. I agree with you 200% that the people that really should be pardoned, are still sitting in prison.

There's still time, and maybe a pardon might be forthcoming. But don't hold your breath.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I'm with cupcake here......rather, I'd want to know why?

Who am I kidden'................
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

IF you see a Presidential pardon for these guys, it will come in the final days of the Administration.

I agree 100% Cupcake. I was hoping that they would be pardoned as well. Heck, they should never have been charged in the first place.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Harold Fish (AZ) is another person that comes to mind. He was, many believe, in a situation he couldn't prove was as lily white as he claimed, because it occurred on a lonely trail and he was the one left standing. He defended his life on that fateful day ... and got crucified for it. He, too, is rotting.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    The only good thing about the Bush administration is his support of 2A.
    Could you please explain this to me? I realize GWB got elected governor of Tejas over Ann Richards because he supported Concealed Carry. Other than that, I really can't think of anything he's done that is pro-gun.

In his campaign in 2000, he said multiple times that he would sign to renew the AWB if Congress got it on to his desk.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

Back to the original topic, I unfortunately guessed it right just by the thread title.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

It's a sad day for those two border guards and their families, what a raw deal. Was hopping Pres. Bush would have done the right thing, someone must be filtering his info on this case. Have to believe this hurts recruitment for badly needed border agents.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Don't the pardons all come right at the beginning and again at the end? Maybe send a petition to W asking for their pardon..
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Machine gun guy?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Machine gun guy?
    Malfunctioning AR15 becomes a machine gun? Totalrecoil

And thousands of other reports:

Google Search
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Don't the pardons all come right at the beginning and again at the end? Maybe send a petition to W asking for their pardon..
    Petition.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links