DCcom- Thank you!

This is a discussion on DCcom- Thank you! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would like to say I am glad this and other similar forums are around as gathering places of SANE individuals! I was looking through ...

Thread: DCcom- Thank you!

DCcom- Thank you!

I would like to say I am glad this and other similar forums are around as gathering places of SANE individuals! I was looking through some religious forums to gage what reactions would be if I asked if a priest would consider blessing a self-defense CCW. I started reading some threads about Obama's stance on guns and the replies I saw were the typical un-informed, uneducated anti-gun rhetoric I am used to hearing about automatic weapons are so easy to obtain, guns are bad and should be banned, et c. I can see now why people of my faith can be regarded as provincial and closed-minded and why so many people turn away from their faith. The assertions were made und such misinformed pretenses I can't fathom entirely, and those assertions are defended so staunchly without any basis in FACTS or REALITY. I'm completely disinclined to register there to even discuss more mundane issues. Don't get me wrong, there are some enlightened members there, but they are far outnumbered. Shoot, now I'm talking myself into joining the good fight. Serenity now...

I'm not trying to make this a religion-bashing thread as I know there are quite a few faithful/religious people and even pastors on this board. I have seen the same zealotry- and, I daresay, bigotry- on other (usually car) boards, but these are supposed to be people brought up with the same values and principles as I. It's almost enough to make me feel as if my world is crumbling about my ears.

Now I'm reading this forum, my pulse is slowing and my blood pressure is coming down.

Thanks again to my DCcom fellow members for such a great community!
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

2. Remove Ads

Sit down, relax, stick around...you're back, and among friends.

Stay armed...enjoy life...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I was looking through some religious forums to gage what reactions would be if I asked if a priest would consider blessing a self-defense CCW.
    They'd probably think you were BSing them, being reminiscent of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch from Monty Python.

Breathe deep, you're home.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

And I thought Priests were pro-gun. I have been to many Masses and they always say "I give you a piece, and a piece I give you." Was I simply mistaken?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Deep breath, big smile, you're among friends here!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

It is a rather dynamic, respectful, and informative forum isn't it? Good family.

Links