family discussion tonight...

This is a discussion on family discussion tonight... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; my cousin is getting married saturday, and she mentioned her husband to be is getting her a glock for the wedding. that started a discussion ...

Thread: family discussion tonight...

family discussion tonight...

my cousin is getting married saturday, and she mentioned her husband to be is getting her a glock for the wedding. that started a discussion on the president select obama, and guns. my brother, who is gay and lives in NYC says he doesn't think guns are the answer, and they lead to deaths. he says, "why do you need a gun?" and that "the constitution is over 200 years old, times have changed"...

now i've started to do a little reading on m own. not of news websites or forums, but of actual documents and readings of our founding fathers- the dec of ind, the constitution, and the federalist papers...i told him(my brother) that a main point of having the right to bear arms was to protect our country from tyranny, and a person or government that tried to rule over us by turning our military against us.

it's like he, as well as other democrats and anti-constitutionalists, have this switch they turn on that they can say anything, and they believe it to the death.

i guess i don't know what my point is...this is the first time he voted democrat, and he's just recently started changing his views...i wish there was a way i could relate to him, and to others, that our country is just that: OUR COUNTRY and not the government's....
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2 Chronicles 7:14

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    My couson grew up in DC, and is ridiculously liberal. You should have seen his reaction when my whole group of friends proudly said they voted for George W in 2004

I believe that Liberals just don't have the capacity to understand how the real world works in most cases.

I work with a very nice woman named Amanda who is normal in most respects except she is a very left wing liberal. As a person she is very nice and seems level headed. But ask her her political views and you immediately realize she is a wacko. She wants George Bush prosecuted for 4000 murders that she believes he is directly responsible for. The "murders" she refers to are the deaths of our Military service members killed in the War on Terror. She would also like to see him brought up on charges for the deaths of over 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

I have tried to explain to her how the world works. That the service members were not murdered but dies in combat and peace keeping missions. That the Iraqi civilians, the vast majority anyway, died as a result of terrorist attacks, not by actions of our or other coalition Military operations. But I don't think she has the mental capacity to understand it. She also believes that Obama will have our troops out of Iraq and Afganistan by July 4th.

Sorry to say it but unless your brother is a victim of violent crime, and he survives, I doubt you will ever be able to get through to him. If he's very liberal, he most likely doesn't have the logic precessing capabilities to understand the the Constitution is still relevant, if not more so now than it was when written.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have learned that it is totally useless to try to convince someone that is brainwashed by the media propaganda. I finally just quit wasting my time with them and concentrating on the ones that will listen.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Most people like that don't "think". The let their emotions do their thinking for them. Anti gunners fear guns, no matter how much evidence you put in front of them they will not change. Almost all the liberals I know are like this.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Don't give up on Him, He's your brother. One day He may see the light and He'll need someone to talk to. In the mean time just keep planting seeds of doubt into His flawed thinking with nuggets of truth. I find that liberals are real fearful and insecure inside and this can slowly be exploited with a portrayal of confidence and truth by you over time.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I think it's the Kool-Aid

Thier minds are made up ........... and that leaves no room for common sense.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I have learned that it is totally useless to try to convince someone that is brainwashed by the media propaganda. I finally just quit wasting my time with them and concentrating on the ones that will listen.
    My approach, also...
    I don't waste my time talking with the anti's. If I think there is a chance to convince, I work on it.
    At out school, I have had over 9 individuals (and a few more in the wings) either get or are working on their CCW permit. I also have one of my neighbors and possible two more getting their permits.

I sometimes wonder what approach these anti's will take if we ever have that SHTF scenario, if even for a few months...

Stay armed...help those who understand...send well-wishes to the rest...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

""I sometimes wonder what approach these anti's will take if we ever have that SHTF scenario, if even for a few months...""

It is sad to say but true. A SHTF scenario is sometimes the key to enlightenment that they need and for many it comes too late...
    bosco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I sometimes wonder what approach these anti's will take if we ever have that SHTF scenario, if even for a few months...
    First they will cry to the government for protection, and when that doesn't work, they will seek out someone they know is armed to protect them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    First they will cry to the government for protection, and when that doesn't work, they will seek out someone they know is armed to protect them.
    Exactly it's amazing how fast somebodys views change in the face of danger,say even after a natural disaster they probably run over and say hey you still got those guns just in case don't you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links