All Kinds of Hunters: Man accused of taking illegal deer after shots-fired report

This is a discussion on All Kinds of Hunters: Man accused of taking illegal deer after shots-fired report within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Surely folks are not suggesting that meat can only be taken during certain months of the year. That is just silly. Why do you think ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Kinds of Hunters: Man accused of taking illegal deer after shots-fired report

Surely folks are not suggesting that meat can only be taken during certain months of the year. That is just silly. Why do you think folks used to dry or salt pack meat, or any of the other various methods of preserving meat regardless of the season it was taken.

It can easily be 90 degrees during bow season here in Texas. If the meat was unfit for consumption why is the season open?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    It can easily be 90 degrees during bow season here in Texas. If the meat was unfit for consumption why is the season open?
    Same here in Arkansas. I've whacked lots of deer with a bow over the years on opening day when I was soaking wet with sweat.

In some cases it took me a full day to get it dressed and cut up. I have'nt had one go bad on me yet.

In the good ole days they would let meat hang for a day or two before they even butchered it, to age the meat. Of course you dont need to do that with a hog, but everything else is OK.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jmsstnr View Post
    why are we tossing this unknown guy under the bus then...
    Because he has a blatant disregard for the laws of his state, and the saftey and property rights of his neighbors.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sorry guys but I just don't see what the big deal is... I never have. I've never hunted turkey or deer illegally myself but I just think there are worse things going on in the world than worrying about someone killing an animal. I know where I live there are far too many deer anyway. We're not talking about an endangered species, you know? Don't pounce on me now, just my thoughts on the subject.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Game Wardens don't usually go arrest people without cause. From my experience when they are arrested, most are found guilty as well.
    Last edited by HotGuns; November 30th, 2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: quoting a removed post
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    Sorry guys but I just don't see what the big deal is... I never have. I've never hunted turkey or deer illegally myself but I just think there are worse things going on in the world than worrying about someone killing an animal. I know where I live there are far too many deer anyway. We're not talking about an endangered species, you know? Don't pounce on me now, just my thoughts on the subject.
    Thats like saying "you've never driven a car or carried a gun without a license, but it's no big deal if someone else does". We are a nation of laws, some we agree with, some we don't. Just because we don't agree with a law, does not mean we don't have to obey it, until it is changed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    We are a nation of laws, some we agree with, some we don't. Just because we don't agree with a law, does not mean we don't have to obey it, until it is changed.
    Well, since you decided to make a comment I'll play with you. Would you please get off your high horse! Give me a break. I bet you see someone going 10mph over the speed limit and follow them while calling the police to rat them out. You guys need to lighten up. Nothing was hurt in this except a couple of deer. All I am worried about are humans, and deer (as well as all other animals) rank below them. Stop judging others so quickly.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If he's feeding his family he's not going to be going out and trying to stock a years worth of meat in a few days, he's going to go out and kill it as needed.
    So, you're saying that a guy that is trying to get venison for his family should go out 5 different times to get deer? So he knows that he is breaking the law and he's going to go out and take the risk on 5 different occasions? Please.
    Allen

Senior Moderator
    Enough gentlemen. Tone it down or I will tone it down for you.
    Hotguns
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

10 mph over the speed limit on interstate probably not going to call the cops. 20 or 30 mph over the speed limit whether on interestate or a residential road, probably will warrant a call to the cops because that endagers peoples lives. So does shooting on other peoples property at night.

If someone shoots outside your house at night or during the daytime for that matter, will you call the cops or just think, well no bullets hit my house so I guess it is ok?
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Enough gentlemen. Tone it down or I will tone it down for you.
    Hotguns
    I aplogize sir. Just replying to the gentleman. I'm out of it... don't want to make your job any more difficult than I know it already is.
    Allen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links