New Years Resolutions: Share with CC

This is a discussion on New Years Resolutions: Share with CC within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Me - I don't do them. I just do it, the time of year doesn't matter. Seems silly to wait until a certain day on ...

Me - I don't do them. I just do it, the time of year doesn't matter. Seems silly to wait until a certain day on the calendar.

What are your resolutions? Did you make any? Are you like me? Are they broken yet?

I'll start: If I made resolutions, it would be: Get more guns and shoot more often. Simple, and easy to keep (except buying more guns).

Want to share? Come on, it's silly, but don't be shy.

yeah it was to buy more guns pick up on i ordered before christmas friday

Assistant Administrator
    On the shooting front - I think Bud asked us something like that.

My plan is to spend more time at the range - concentrating on shooting while moving, shooting from retention - and just generally honing whatever skills I can. I doubt we can ever get good enough - always room for improvement.

Non-shooting? Well went 2 1/2 days on an attempt at quitting smoking my pipe. With a low self discipline quotient, I failed!! So there we are - miserable addict that I am
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

How can ya quit smking the pipe them dirty ciggerettes well thats different

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Well went 2 1/2 days on an attempt at quitting smoking my pipe. With a low self discipline quotient, I failed!! So there we are - miserable addict that I am
    My plan to beat lung cancer is to wait until I'm at least 55 to start smoking

My gun related resolution is to not purchase any firearms this year (ack! blasphemer!) and instead spend more on training, ammunition, and shooting practice.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    My gun related resolution is to not purchase any firearms this year (ack! blasphemer!) and instead spend more on training, ammunition, and shooting practice.
    At least ya picked a easy one to break and not feel bad about ..

Im spying my next purchase that will have to be ordered i thinks

1952 - 2006
    Mine was to change my diet, (to something more healthy), Join the gym to start working out and to stop these miserable cigarettes.

So far the diet is going well.
    I'm joining the gym on Wednesday.
    And I will stop smoking this year. (I'm smoking as I type this)
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Well I stoped drinking (after newyears of course). I was at a point where I was drinking 9-10+ Molson Ice's or Sanarac Black and Tans everynight. It really had the wife on the verge of leaving (not good), and all I wanted to do was come home from work and get drunk. I haven't had once since new years day, now everytime I get a earge for a beer I grab a bottled water. I have lost about 7lbs since new years so I guess the water is flushing out the bad beer gut causing agents. I tell ya its not a easy thing to do, but my wife is helping me through it.
    I still smoke though, can't give up all the bad habbits at once.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Bruce,

If you feel like you absolutely positively NEED a beer, there's always that non-alcoholic crap. It helped me a few times. I've been dry for over 2 years now.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

XD9
    For those of you that have "Quit Smoking" on their list, I am including an Amazon link for a book I read over the weekend. Made quiting the easiest thing I have ever done.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...lance&n=283155

Read the reviews for the book. These people aren't kidding either. 4 of us bought the book last Friday and 4 of us quit on Saturday with NO PAIN.

(The poster of this post does not get any money for recommending the book. Just the satisfaction of finding something that works and passing it on. I would offer my copy of the book but there is a waiting list for it.)
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

I had resolved to refrain from purchasing a gun this year also. . Screwed that one up yesterday, so now I have to work on another one, becoming more proficient with as many of the guns I currently own. Seems more likely and worthwile than that silly no gun buying resolution.

Assistant Administrator
    XD9 - have ordered that book - outa pure curiosity. Thx for the mention.

My (feeble) attempt at 2 1/2 days trying to quit perhaps might be made easier if the right mindset is achieved - which i guess is what that book must be about. I look fwd to seeing it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking Resolutions

A couple of years ago, I dropped over 40 pounds on the Jenny Craig diet and then I stressed about half of it back on when my daughter got married. I'm looking to reprise my earlier success. Along with this goes the second resolution to actually USE my BowFlex machine and do some walking. Like to keep close on my stroll with God through this life and of course to keep writing and honing my craft so that my agent might finally SELL something and thus secure my retirement!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

XD9
    Good for you P95. Let me know how you get on with it. Seriously, I can't say enough about my experience with that book.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The usual, lose weight/get in shape (other than round), try to stop yelling at my teenage son when he acts like sullen moron, keep the house cleaner, walk the dog more, practice shooting & golf more, buy just a few more guns.

Links