Tattoo Question

This is a discussion on Tattoo Question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by moabicon A tattoo of Foghorn Leghorn? Why not the Tasmanian Devil or Henery Hawk, I don't they don't have any white in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoo Question

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moabicon View Post
    A tattoo of Foghorn Leghorn?
    Why not the Tasmanian Devil or Henery Hawk, I don't they don't have any white in them. I say, I say!
    jk
    I think it should be Yosemite Sam!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by moabicon View Post
    A tattoo of Foghorn Leghorn?
    Why not the Tasmanian Devil or Henery Hawk, I don't they don't have any white in them. I say, I say!
    jk
    If you live in the Northeast, you don't want a chickenhawk tattoo! It's a LEO term, not good.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Think it over! I got a Taz when I was 18 and now I would rather have something else, but it is too difficult to cover without going 1/4 sleeve.

Think it over.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

<-----2 half sleeves, my whole back, and parts of both legs. I agree with the negative coloring. The white I had at one time is gone. It lasted all of about 6 months.
    God Bless America!!

I had two tats done in the mid 80's that had some white in them, Looked good for 2-3 years, then started to fade. Had them touched up around '93, lasted for a little while. Somewhere between then and now it has faded again. It kind of looks faded and splotchy. I too am light skinned (Irish), which means it never really stood out to begin with. Personally, I would look for an alternative to white.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

I have a tat from '78 American flag in background, white stripes and stars are skin tone and after this many years red stripes are gone too. I have had white in my tats before and as others have said, it doesn't last and you can't even tell it was ever white. Don't waste your money, just have it outlined and skin tone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I have one tattoo. I got it in 1986 in San Diego, right out of Boot Camp, when I was 19. I do not know how much it cost, where I got it, or why I picked the design I picked (Anchor with USN written across it similar to a Chief Petty Officers insignia). I woke up the next morning after drinking ALOT at the E-club with a bandage on my rear left shoulder. I thought I had gotten into a fight and perhaps got cut. Went to the head, pulled off the bandage and saw a tattoo.....

My buddy who was apparently was with me woke up with a bandage in the same spot. His said TAMI, the girl he was engaged to. For 2 more weeks it turns out. He is now married with a family, to a woman named Debbie.

At least I was smart enough not to get a girls name tattooed on my body!

But, just to verify, my tattoo is very faded as well. I get out in the sun during the summer a lot. I ride my bicycle many many miles per week, usually with a tank top shirt on. When I am really tanned, you almost can't see my tattoo anymore.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have one tattoo. I got it in 1986 in San Diego, right out of Boot Camp, when I was 19. I do not know how much it cost, where I got it, or why I picked the design I picked (Anchor with USN written across it similar to a Chief Petty Officers insignia). I woke up the next morning after drinking ALOT at the E-club with a bandage on my rear left shoulder. I thought I had gotten into a fight and perhaps got cut. Went to the head, pulled off the bandage and saw a tattoo.....

My buddy who was apparently was with me woke up with a bandage in the same spot. His said TAMI, the girl he was engaged to. For 2 more weeks it turns out. He is now married with a family, to a woman named Debbie.

At least I was smart enough not to get a girls name tattooed on my body!

But, just to verify, my tattoo is very faded as well. I get out in the sun during the summer a lot. I ride my bicycle many many miles per week, usually with a tank top shirt on. When I am really tanned, you almost can't see my tattoo anymore.
    I was pretty drunk too back in '78 in SD boot, our friend passed out and you know we were good friends, when he woke up with a fly tattooed on the end of his..............member.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

B52
    White ink doesn't last too long...6 months maybe. I also have a very white skin color, that why I chose only Black ink (right upper arm half sleeved, quater sleeve on upper left arm, and 1/4 of my back). Be forewarded tattoos are just like guns, you won't just get one.

As every one else has stated, white fades fast.
    I have a parrot with some white, it faded and
    now all my tat's are black.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

This lady tattoo artist doesn't sound overly experienced. A (bad) tattoo is forever. Do your research and spend the money on the best tattoo artist you can find. I got my first and only tattoo 8 years ago by one of the best tattoo artist in the US. It is as beautiful and bright as the day I got it. And I love it as much today as the day I got inked. Too many people run around with horribly low quality tats.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Administrator
    Good addition by Linda.

"A (bad) tattoo is forever."
    Well not necessarily forever these days but, making it go "bye~bye" is expensive and the procedure hurts lots more than getting one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links